FUTURE MUSEUM EXPANSION
In 1930, the Broadmoor Hotel constructed an airplane hangar to be used by guests and businessmen traveling to the resort. The Broadmoor Hangar is exactly the same model and dimensions as its twin, the City Hangar. In 1942, the Broadmoor Hangar was purchased by the City of Colorado Springs. The Peterson Air and Space Museum is preparing to expand its visitor and exhibit space into the Broadmoor Hangar. Plans include restoring the Hangar inside and out to feature its original design characteristics. With this restoration, the Broadmoor Hangar will regain its prominence in Colorado aviation as a major focal point for the Museum. Historically recognized as the first and last place the Broadmoor Hotel’s distinguished flying guests saw; now it will be the first and last place Museum visitors will see.
click photos to enlarge