SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 6 Nov 2009
ATTENDEES: G. W. Clark, M/G USAF (Ret); E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum; M. Cooper, DAFC, Staff; Al Horne, USAF (Vet); J. Brown, USA, (Vet); Lt Col USAF (Ret;, E. Smalley, SMSGT USAF (Ret); E. Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret); D. Burns; J. Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); D. Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret); R. McClelland, Major USAF (Ret); S. Brite, USAF (Ret); C. McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); E. Kelly, SMSgt USAF (Ret), J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); T. Galbreath, Major USAF (Ret); R. Koenig, Col USAF (Ret), F. Stampf, Col USAF (Ret)
1. OPENING REMARKS: CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 25 Sep 09 Minutes Approved.
(2) Open Item New Exhibit Report (WHALEN):
- Panel 1951-55 completed and reviewed by the staff. Diane Vulcan working on three others.
(3) Open Item M-21 Re-entry vehicle (WHALEN/CLARK):
- 21SW is requesting that the NMAF placed the Museum on the wish list for M-21s.
- CLARK has discussed the item with Jay KELLY (AAFM President).
(4) Open Item Signage (WHALEN):
- Historic District entrance sign (at Peterson Blvd & Ent Ave) approved but not funded.
- Building signs approved but not funded.
(5) Open Item Visitor Center Lt Peterson Poster (WHALEN):
- Sign has been approved for installation at the visitorís center.
(6) Museum Out Reach Program (STAMPF)
- Planning spring start up-date. Do quarterly in hangar.
- Looking for ideas for first guest speaker. Pass suggestions to WHALEN.
- Will need PA help.
(7) Restoration Work (GALBREATH)
- Still looking for help. Current project list in October newsletter.
(8) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Oct 09
- Cash Available: $24,109
- Income to date: $24,358
- Expenditures: $21,521
(9) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 31 Oct 09.
- 7,180 Volunteer hours to date.
- 15,079 Visitors to date
- Web Site
-- 15,958 to date.
- Ten accessions to date.
(10) Web Site (SMALLEY):
- Added some new Connie pictures.
- Added F-101 site prep article.
- Added US Army re-enlistment ceremony in the Air Park.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen):.
- Contractor working in the air park on the F-4C, CF-101, F-86, F-89, F-94 and EC-121T. ECD: 27 Nov 09
- Work continues inside Bldg 140 (Hangar #1) to provide a new location for the functions in the Broadmoor Hangar (non Museum) to move to. Move out should occur next week
- F-15A Center line pod will be painted by the 302 AW and placed on the aircraft.
- NMAF has granted permission to place missiles and rockets on our aircraft in the air park.
- ECD for the site preparation for the F-101B is mid Dec 09.
B. Annual Safety Training Completed (WHALEN)
- Telephone numbers we all should be aware of: 556-9111 (to contact Peterson AFB emergency) and 556-4000 (for Eagle Eyes Program).
C. Deployment Ceremony (WHALEN)
- Museumís Volunteers are invited to attend a US Army deployment ceremony. More information to follow.
D. Artifacts Inventory (MC KINNEY)
- Received inventory list from the NMAF. Had some initial sort problems but that has been corrected. Now working to match both inventories. Will take some time.
E. Special Collections (WHALEN)
- A lot of hard work but we are getting a handle on the inventory and cataloging the items.
- This will make a significant improvement in researching.
3. OPEN DISCUSSION:
- No comments.
4. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 4 December 09, Ops Building Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer