ATTENDEES: Gail Whalen, Museum Curator; Jeff Nash, Assistant Curator; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Lt Col John Cawood, USAF (Ret), Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Ernie Newman, CMSgt, USAF (Ret),† Ed Kelly, SMSGT, USAF (Ret), Norm Moyer, MSgt, USAF (Ret), Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Jimmy Bowden, USAF Vet,† John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); Terry Galbreath, Major USAF (Ret); Victoria Heim, Al Horne, Jim Swalley, Dick Burns, Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret), Ed Mika
Ed WEAVER called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar. Gail WHALEN introduced two new volunteers Al HORNE and Jim SWALLEY.
A. OLD BUSINESS:†
† 1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 30 Apr 07 was presented to and accepted by the staff.† Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available:† $23,907.74†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
CY 07 Income:† $4,562.20
2. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):†
††††††††††† - No change.
††††††††††† - No change.
††††††††††† PK TRAINER:
-† 302nd AW will pick-up from VAFB and bring to us next two weeks.
-† 302nd AW will pick-up from HAFB and bring to us next two weeks.
- Please check 21SW web site for changes to gate effective 1 Jun 07
- North Gate will be closed on weekends and holidays. Whalen will email effective hours and have copies at Museum office available.
PAVE PAWS TRAINER:
-† No change.
ADOPT AN AIRPLANE PROGRAM:
-† Numerous ACs have been cleaned during May.
-† Program receiving outstanding support. Four aircraft still need adopting: CF-100, CF-101, F-104, F-101.
PHOTO RECON SQDN
-† WWII unit
assigned to Pete Fld will have their reunion
-† Will visit Museum, Special Exhibit for them, Oral Histories will be accomplished.
-† Terry GALBREATH completed the TITAN I Model.
-† KUDOS-Outstanding effort.† Currently on MGS.
-John CAWOOD still working on the BULLET.
†- During late
April, a driver became disorientated, drove into the
†- Estimated damage is 800 dollars.
†-21SW Legal Office is working on a claim to cover the damages.
†- Working with Safety Office to protect the Museumís grounds.
- Working out details to have two Reserves assigned duty with the Museum
†- Working out details to have two teenage school children assigned to the Museum during the summer months.
††††††††††† †HISTORY CHANNEL:
††††††††††† †-The History Channel film crew was at the Museum 21 May 07
††††††††††† †- Working on a Cold War series.
††††††††††† †- Interviewed Jeff NASH and Gus FREYER.
†3. ARTIFACTS, ACCESSIONS & NEWLETTER (
- 40 items accessed to date for CY 2007.
-† Need inputs NLT 9 June for the next Newsletter.
††4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (WEAVER):
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† †† ††As of Apr 2007
- Visitors†††††††††††††††††††† ††††††† 1,291
- Total to date:†††††††††† ††††††† 2,233††††† †††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
- Total Volunteers on Rolls†† † 60
†5. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
††††††††††† -† Lots of small items to be worked on Air Park ACs now that the weather has broken.
††††††††††† - Plans underway to install camera in the P-47N cockpit attached to a monitor for viewing.
††††††††††† †- Plex-glass covers will be placed on the intake and exhaust of ACs CF101B, F-86L, and F89) with engine to allow viewing.††††††
†6.† WEBSITE (SMALLEY):
††††††††††† -† Hits to date: 75,680.
† B. NEW BUSINESS:
††††††††††† †BASE MASTER PLAN- PETE 2050:
-† WHALEN briefed on the recent released plan. None of the WWII buildings adjacent to the airpark will be keptónew buildings will be constructed near us. Historic district will be kept intact.
EAGLE EYE PROGRAM:
- WHALEN briefed on numerous security incidents on the Base.
- Bottom line---BE ALERT & REPORT WHAT YOU SEE BY CALLING 6-4000.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs,
EDWARD W. WEAVER