ATTENDEES: Ron Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret) Vice President, Gail Whalen, GS USAF, Curator, Jeff Nash, GS USAF, Deputy Curator, Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Terry Galbreath, Major USAF (Ret); Danny O’Connell, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Ann Foster, Capt USAF (Ret), Al Horne, Norm Moyer, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Dick Burns, Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret)
GRAY called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Operations Building Conference Room.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 Aug 07 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $26,702.61
CY 07 Income: $22,611.14
- Gift Shop sales have been strong.
- 2006 Financial Report Audit has been completed. No problems
2. CURATOR’S UPDATE (WHALEN):
- All Gone! Turned into DRMO.
- Awaiting Air Transportation.
PAVE PAWS TRAINER:
- No change.
- Working with AMARC (at DMAFB)
- Part has been ID’d
- Awaiting removal, packing and shipping to PAFB.
- Number four prop has been repaired.
- Painting still pending.
PK MPT UPDATE:
- Boeing has agreed to a donation in kind to assemble of the MPT.
- Work scheduled for 5-9 Nov 07.
- LCC mock-up has been removed.
- Details for volunteers and equipment being worked out.
- The 21SW has purchased 300 folding seats for use at the Museum activities.
- Chairs received and are stored in the
- 302AW is unable to move AC to the Museum.
- Looking at other options.
- AF/HO Mr. Dick Anderegg spent two hours touring the Museum 25 Oct 07.
- Visit was very informative and productive.
3. ARTIFACTS, ACCESSIONS & NEWLETTER (MC KINNEY):
- Thanks for the new computer system.
- Still working to update inventory listing and separate Pete Museum/NMAF artifacts.
- October Newsletter released.
4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (WEAVER):
As of Sept 2007
- Visitors 1,942
- Total to date: 12,345
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 65
5. WEBSITE (SMALLEY):
- 83,231 hits to date.
6. BLACK GANG (GRAY):
- Built two more exhibit stands.
- Established break room/meeting area.
- Working on reading rail for the P-47N Commemorative bronze plaque.
- Took down the LCC Exhibit.
- Preparing NE corner of the Hangar for the PK MPT exhibit.
- Old Space Heater has been removed by 21 CES.
7. DOCENT PROGRAM (GRIER):
- Very busy month.
- 23 Photo Recon Sqdn (Unit trained at Peterson AAC Base during WWII) had their final reunion at the Museum last month.
8. RESEARCH LIBRARY (WHALEN):
- Sorting of materials continues.
- New Software has been ordered.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- Meetings will now be conducted in
KUDOs to Dick Burns for the Tour of the Olympic
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 7 Dec 07, Ops Bldg Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER