ATTENDEES: Mike Drennan, B/Gen USAF (Ret) President, Ron Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret) Vice President; Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Norm Moyer, SMGgt USAF (Ret); Mike McCorkle, Maj USAFR (Ret); Desi Desormeaux, Lt Col USAF (Ret), John Grier, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Danny O’Connell, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Tom Scanlan, Lt Col USAF (Ret), Tony Roman, MSgt USAF (Ret), Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Frank Wisneski, Col USAF (Ret); Ann Foster, Capt. USAF (Ret), John Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Jeff Nash, DAFC Museum Staff; Larry Foster, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret)
Mike DRENNAN called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT: Financial status as of 31 Oct 05 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $21,405
CY 05 Income: $44,993
2. ARTIFACTS & VOL COORDINATOR:
Oct 05 Total (CY)
Total Volunteers on Rolls 72
Accessions 0 212
- Inventory has been completed.
- Next project is to reorganize the artifacts room to improve control.
3. GIFT SHOP: (Closed 1 Jan 05-8 Mar 05).
Oct 05 Total (CY)
Sales $502 $12,244
4. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
- Many thanks to the inventory team, the black gang and practically the ramp rats (RR). The RRs complete a safety check of all aircraft cockpits (directed by the NMAF).
ON GOING CONSTRUCTION:
-The Medal of Honor Grove. Completion delayed due to concrete shortage. Working on rededication ceremony.
HAWK MISSILES AND LAUNCHER:
- Need help to move launcher next Tuesday.
- No change.
- Latest effort to bird prove engines has been completed.
- CE ready to install first 40 tiles the 5-10 Dec 05.
- Engraver has found a individual to make the tiles on back order.
- Working on design for temporary display in the hangar.
- Museum was closed during the week of 14-18 Nov 05 for administrative catch up work.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
1. FOUNDATION BOARD:
-Board Member election under way.
2. VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DAY:
- Date established 1400hrs 7 Feb 06 in the City Hangar.
- Spouses are encouraged to attend.
- Food, coffee, soft drinks will be provided.
- Dress is very casual.
- Volunteer of the year, team awards and individual awards will be presented.
- More details will follow.
3. STRATEGIC PLANNING:
- Scheduled for all day 7 Jan 06 in the City Hangar.
- More details to follow.
4. RECRUITMENT EFFORT:
- SCALAN responded to Gray’s request for a volunteer to work on Museum recruitment efforts. The two will meet to work out details.
5. P-47N NOSE ART:
- KOVACH read an e-mail explaining the how the aircraft got its nickname “Wild Hair”. During its tour with the PRANG, the AC suffer from a “minor” vibration and the maintenance crew, after numerous engine and prop changes, said the AC must have a wild hair about it.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 27 January 2006 in the Old City Hangar.
EDWARD W. WEAVER