SUBJECT:† Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 1 May 2009
ATTENDEES:† G. W. Clark, M/G USAF (Ret) President,† E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, G. Whalen, DAFC,† Curator Pete Museum,† Al Horne, USAF (Ret), Ron McClelland, Maj USAF (Ret),† J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret), J. Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret), E. Smalley, SMSGT USAF (Ret),† ,† E. Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret), C. McCarthy, Col USAF (Ret), D. Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret), J. Newman, T. Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret),† J. Nash, Assít Curator, E, Kelley, SMSGT, USAF (Ret), D. Burns, F. Stampf, Col USAF (Ret), B. Koening, Col USAF (Ret), J. Swalley, Lt USN (Ret)
1. OPENING REMARKS:† †CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Open Item: Concert in the Park.
- Numerous items covered...
- Next meeting of the Working Group will be 1000 hrs., 29 May 09
- †(OPEN ITEM).
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Mar 09
- Cash Available:† $25,559
- Income to date:†† $8,456
- Expenditures:†††† $5,217
(3) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 31 Mar 09.
- 2,175 Volunteer hours to date.
- 4.404 visitors to date.
- Web Site
-- 107,903 Web Site Hits since 2002.
††††††††††††††††††††††† -† Ten accessions to date.
(4) New Exhibit Report (McKinney)
- First five panels completed and installed.†
- Support artifacts also placed with the panels.
- Numerous reading rails built and materials placed inside.
- Four new poster placed
- Next three panels expected in one week.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) Curator Update (Whalen):
- Wing ORI/MCI finished...
o Wing rated overall Satisfactory..
o Museum participated in numerous exercises.
- Minuteman III Missile scheduled to arrive 12 May on base. Assembly expected 13 May 09
(2) PT Launch Control Panel (LCP):†
-††† Panel has been completed at Vandenberg AFB, CA.
-††† Shipment has been delayed. (OPEN ITEM).
†(3)† Orientation Video Tape:†
†-†† Being finalized (OPEN ITEM)
†(4) † Budget:
-† †145K received from the Wing for Aircraft Repairs.
-† †Additional Monies available for F-101 Repair.
††††††† (5)† Tile Placement:
††††††††††† - ††Should be placed within 60 days.
††††††† (6)† DOD Star Base:
††††††††††††††††††††††† †† --†† Working Group will travel to F.E.Warren Monday to review their program..
††††††† (7)† Computer problems:
-†† †Gail Whalen having computer problems-volunteers are encouraged to do† a test e-mail to her office.
††††††††††††††††††† (8)†† Interns:
-†† May have three interns at the Museum this summer.
A. OPEN DISCUSSION:
- Terry Galbreath looking for anyone who would like to help him work on restoration projects at his home.
(2) Special Collection:
- Items have been return following the IG Inspection Team Work Area
- AFSPC Outstanding Airman and Commanders Conference Ice breakers were held in the Hangar.
B. CLOSING REMARKS:
†† Next Meeting:
(4) 0900hrs, 29 May 09,† Ops Building Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer