SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 20 Feb 2009
ATTENDEES: G. W. Clark, M/G USAF (Ret) President, R. Gray, B/G USAF (Ret) Vice President, E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum, Al Horne, USAF (Ret), Ron McClelland, Maj USAF (Ret), J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret), J. Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret), E. Smalley, SMSGT USAF (Ret), , D. O’Connell, CMSgt USAF (Ret), J. Cawood, LtCol USAF (Ret), N. Moyer, SMSgt USAF (Ret), J. Bowden, USAF (Vet), E. Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret), C. McCarthy, Col USAF (Ret), D. Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret)
1. OPENING REMARKS: CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Open Item : Concert in the Park
- Several Options discussed..
- Working Group will be created. (OPEN ITEM).
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Dec 08
- Cash Available: $21,006
- Income to date: $29,428
- Expenditures: $31,452
(3) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 31 Dec 09.
- 10,445 Volunteer hours during 2008 (Record).
- 20,583 Visitors during 2008 (Record).
- Web Site
-- 105,572 Web Site Hits since 2002. .
(4) New Exhibit Report (McKinney)
- First five panels completed and installed.
- Support artifacts also placed with the panels.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) Curator Update (Whalen):
- Wing ORI/MCE scheduled for 20 Mar thru 20 Apr 09.
o IG Team with use most of the Broadmoor Hangar as work area..
o Museum will participate.
- Volunteer Training will resume after the ORI..
- Minuteman III Missile arrival has been delayed.
(2) PT Launch Control Panel (LCP):
- Panel has been completed at Vandenberg AFB, CA.
- Shipment has been delayed. (OPEN ITEM).
(3) Orientation Video Tape:
-- Being Updated (OPEN ITEM)
-- WEAVER and BROWN will assist E. NEWMAN on the project.
(4) Newsletter (McKinney)
-- Inputs due 15 Mar 09.
(5) Volunteer Appreciation Day (Whalen)
-- 1330 hrs Monday (23 Feb 09) in the Hangar.
(6) Vela Satellite(Whalen)
- Will be placed on display at Colorado Springs Airport through Sept 09.
C. CLOSING REMARKS:
- 0900hrs, 27 Mar 09, Ops Building Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer