SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 21 Nov 08
ATTENDEES: R. Gray, B/G USAF (Ret) Vice President, E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum, D. Burns,, E. Kelley, SMSGT USAF (Ret), John Grier, MSGT USAF (Ret), Al Horne, USAF (Ret), Ron McClelland, Maj USAF (Ret), J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret), J. Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret), E. Smalley, SMSGT USAF (Ret), J. Swalley, Lt, USN (Ret), G. Freyer, Col, USAF (Ret), T. Scalan Lt Col USAF (Ret), D. O’Connell, CMSgt USAF (Ret) J. Nash, DAFC, Assistance Curator
1. OPENING REMARKS: GRAY called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Open Item : Concert in the Park
- Request approved. AFA Band will perform the evening of 31 July 09.
- Working Group will be created in Jan 09 (OPEN ITEM).
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Oct 08
- Cash Available: $20,620
- Income to date: $25,629
- Expenditures: $28,175
(3) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 31 Oct 08
- 776 Volunteer hours during October.
- 9.032 Volunteer hours during 2008.
- 1,640 Visitors during October.
- 17,653 Visitors during 2008.
- Web Site
-- 101,265 Web Site Hits since 2002.
-- Changes requested by 21SW/JA being accomplished.
(4) New Exhibit Report (McKinney)
- Introduction & first and second Panels Reviewed.
- Third, fourth & fifth panels drafted.
- Black Gang working on display area preparation in the City Hangar.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) Curator Update (Whalen):
- NMAF evaluation team visit completed.
o Very positive comments about artifact storage area, inventory records/files, Docents, condition of facilities and volunteers.
o Over 3,000 items now on the NMAF inventory.
o Best radiation identification program seen to date. Listing of Museum artifacts affected will be placed in the Docent office (OPEN ITEM).
o Written team report due Dec 08.
- CF-100 painting completed.
- F-4C repair work almost complete. Minor sheet metal work pending. Kudos 302AW for their support!
- F-101B will be moved and temporarily placed in the 302AW ammo storage area. During spring 2009 aircraft will be restored and placed north of Base Operations. Aircraft will have the colors of the 13 FIS (Aircraft’s longest duty assignment).
- Minuteman Missile III Site ground preparation under way.
- 21SW will be inspected during March 2009. The IG will use the Broadmoor Hangar for their work area. More information to follow.
(2) Functional Action Plan Review.
- Static Display Maintenance Plan updated.
- Educational Programs Plan Updated.
(3) MPT Launch Control Panel (LCP):
- Being built at Vandenberg AFB, CA.
- The Foundation will pay the $250 cost and shipping (OPEN ITEM).
(4) Orientation Video Tape:
- Being Updated (OPEN ITEM).
(5) CS Visitor’s Center Membership Dues:
- WHALEN asked that the Foundation pay the annual fee of $110.
- GRAY approved, check issued.
(6) Newsletter (McKinney)
- Inputs due 20 Dec 08.
C. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) Next Meeting:
- 0900hrs, 23 January 2009, Ops Building Conference Room.
- No December 2008 Meeting.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer