SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Volunteers Staff Meeting, 23 Jun 06
ATTENDEES: Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret);, USAF (Ret), Thomas O’Neill, USAF (Ret), Frank Stampf, Col, USAF (Ret), Jane Newman, Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Jeff Nash, Museum Staff, Victoria Heim
Ed WEAVER called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar. New Volunteer VICTORIA HEIM was introduced.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 May 06 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $23, 622
CY 06 Income: $19,208
2. ARTIFACTS & ACCESSIONS (McCARTHY-INFO):
- NMAF’s request for pictures of Artifacts accessed between 1 Jan 2001 to present has been completed.
3. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (NASH-INFO):
MEDAL OF HONOR GROVE:
- Dedication Ceremony scheduled for1000 hours, 24 July 2006.
- Planning meeting is scheduled for 1000hrs, 5 Jul 06
HAWK MISSILES AND LAUNCHER:
- Three Missiles placed on the Launcher 20 Jun 06.
- No change.
- Contractor has scheduled a Jul 06 start date for work on the domes and tip tanks.
WEST GATE F-101B;
- Work on the West Gate delayed until 2007.
- Monies programmed for F-101B restoration will be used to paint the P-40 and cover transportation cost to move the PK trainer to Peterson AFB.
MUSEUM STRATEGIC PLAN:
- No change.
- Spring and Rock Bolt cleaned and placed on display.
- Museum was forced to close to correct problems found during recent inspection.
Many, many thanks to the volunteers for all their hard work.
4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (FOSTER):
- Ceremonies/Tours Unavailable
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 75
5. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
- The P-47 has brakes.
- Working on Bird Control
- One F-102 gear door repaired by the 302 MAW
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 28 July 2006 in the Old City Hangar.
EDWARD W. WEAVER