SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Volunteers Staff Meeting, 24 Feb 06
ATTENDEES: Mike Drennan, B/Gen USAF (Ret) President; Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Norm Moyer, SMGgt USAF (Ret); Mike McCorkle, Maj USAFR (Ret); Desi Desormeaux, Lt Col USAF (Ret), John Grier, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Danny O’Connell, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Tony Roman, MSgt USAF (Ret), Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret); Ann Foster, Capt. USAF (Ret), Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret) Gus Freyer, Col, USAF; Jeff Nash, DAFC Staff
Mike DRENNAN called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 Jan 06 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $17,368
CY 06 Income: $600
2. ARTIFACTS & VOL COORDINATOR:
Jan (CY05) Jan (CY06)
Total Volunteers on Rolls 77 61
Accessions 79 -0-
3. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
MEDAL OF HONOR GROVE:
- ECD is now 15 Apr 06. Dedication Ceremony will be 1000 hours, 2 May 2006.
Details being worked.
HAWK MISSILES AND LAUNCHER:
- ECD: end of April 06.
- No change.
- Contractor has scheduled a May start (weather permitting) date for work on the domes and tip tanks. ECD is mid June 2006.
- Installation of the first 63 tiles now under way.
WEST GATE F-101B;
- Work on the West Gate delayed until late 2006.
- Peacekeeper Missile (PK) procedures trainer from Vandenberg AFB is expected to arrive Sep 2006. ICBM exhibit will be located in the Broadmoor Hangar. Also working to obtain a PK re-entry vehicle shroud from Hill AFB.
MUSEUM STRATEGIC PLAN:
- Working Group worked out a draft plan on 7 Jan 06. Plan being completed.
- Work on gear doors is under way.
- Working on the detail for an enhanced training program.
EAGLE ROCK AC PARTS:
- A number of AC parts have been offered to the Museum. Working on detail to obtain the items.
4. RAMP RATS:
- Down locks completed on all aircraft (except the T-33).
- Blast tubes installed on the P-47N.
- THANKS to the 302 AW for all their help.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
1.VOLUNTEER TRAINING PROGRAM:
- Required Training (safety, emergency procedures, fire, etc.) conducted by the staff. (NASH-INFO)
2. VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DAY:
- Accomplished 7 Feb 06.
- 73 individuals attended.
- CMSgt Jack McKinney (Ret) named the Volunteer of the Year 2005. Complete list of awards available on the Web Site.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 31 March 2006 in the Old City Hangar.
EDWARD W. WEAVER