ATTENDEES: Ron Gray, B/G USAF (Ret), Vice President, Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); John Grier, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Ann Foster, Capt. USAF (Ret), Lt Col John Cawood, USAF (Ret), Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Joan Sell, Jane Newman, Ernie Newman, CMSgt, USAF (Ret), Danny O’Connell, CMSgt, USAF (Ret), Erv Smalley, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Tony Roman, MSGT, USAF (Ret), Norm Moyer, SMSGT, USAF (Ret), Larry Flynn, Col, USAF (Ret), Frank Wisneski, Col, USAF (Ret),Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret), Victoria Heim
Ron GRAY called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 July 06 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $25,148
CY 06 Income: $24,078
- Extended discussion followed on how funds are obtained and expended.
2. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
MEDAL OF HONOR GROVE:
- New caps for the walls are on base.
- No change.
- Contractor is painting the sky stairs.
- Volunteers are working the curtains for the interior of the aircraft.
- Contractor is painting the aircraft.
- Turn over date is now January 2007-delay caused by 21 SW ORI.
- Hangar usage plan will be briefed at the next volunteer staff meeting.
- The Board of Directors has established a committee to work up options to place 60 more tiles along the walkways.
- Peacekeeper Missile Trainer is still schedule to arrive in September 2006.
- Five mannequins placed in the AD, Missile Warning, and ICBM Exhibits.
- Additional mannequins order for placement on the Connie.
- Training conducted for ORI.
- Many, many thanks to the volunteers for all their hard work. Individuals recognized for recent accomplishments were: Terry Galbreath, Larry Flynn and the Missile Warning crew, Erv Smalley and Marty Isham, the Docent crew, Jane Newman and Karla Weaver, Scott Lee and Ed Weaver, and lastly Ernie Newman and Erv Smalley.
2. ARTIFACTS & ACCESSIONS (McCarthy):
- Five accessions during the quarter.
- New inventory sort system has been completed.
3. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (FOSTER):
July 06 CY2006
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 55
4. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
- Working on P-47 and F-102.
- KUDOS TO Bill Harris, 302 AW, for all his help.
- HAWK Missile Fins are at the 302 AW for work.
5. WEB SITE (SMALLEY)
- 61,600 hits to date.
- Updated pictures of the Aircraft
and Missiles in the
- Establish a link to the
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- WHALEN asked who would like to tour CMOC on 25 Sept 06. Those interested should contact her.
- GRAY indicated the need for a volunteer to handle Foundation membership activities.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs,
EDWARD W. WEAVER