SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Volunteers Staff Meeting, 26 May 06
ATTENDEES: Ron Gray, B/G USAF (Ret), Vice President, Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Mike McCorkle, Maj USAFR (Ret); John Grier, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Ann Foster, Capt. USAF (Ret), Tom Scalan, Lt Col, USAF (Ret), Jim Bowden, TSgt USAF (Vet), Dave Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Lt Col John Cawood, USAF (Ret), Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Joan Sell, Thomas O’Neill
Ron GRAY called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 30 Apr 06 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $18,179
CY 06 Income: $11,360
2. ARTIFACTS & ACCESSIONS (McCARTHY):
- NMAF’s request for pictures of Artifacts accessed between 1 Jan 2001 to present is almost complete.
-No Accessions during April.
3. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
MEDAL OF HONOR GROVE:
- New contractor has been selected to complete the Grove.
- Temporary fixes will be made in order to open the Grove to the public.
- Dedication Ceremony scheduled for1000 hours, 24 July 2006.
HAWK MISSILES AND LAUNCHER:
- Contractor will deliver three missiles 12-13 Jun 06.
- No change.
- Contractor has scheduled a June start date for work on the domes and tip tanks.
- Need to look at placement of window covers to protect the interior from the sun.
WEST GATE F-101B;
- Work on the West Gate delayed until Dec 2006.
- Monies programmed for F-101B restoration will be used to paint the P-40 and cover transportation cost to move the PK trainer to Peterson AFB.
MUSEUM STRATEGIC PLAN:
- No change.
- GRAY suggested a review of Docent requirements once the Broadmoor Hangar is opened.
OPS BUILDING PLAN:
- 21 CES has requested usage plan for the Operation Building by 30 Jun 06.
Need to establish working group.
- Need volunteers to move items (spring, rock bolts, etc) from CMOC to the Museum 1300 hours, 31 May 06.
- Turn over date is 5 October 2006.
Many, many thanks to the volunteers for all their hard work. The Museum could not operate without you!
4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (FOSTER):
- Ceremonies/Tours 502
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 77
5. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
- Working on P-47 brake lines.
- All down locks have been checked and safety certified except for the F-89.
- Working on a number of aircraft leaks.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- Presentation from the 21 Space Wing Commander was made to MCKINNEY for his selection as the Peterson Air & Space Museum’s Volunteer of the Year.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 23 June 2006 in the Old City Hangar.
EDWARD W. WEAVER