SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Volunteers Staff Meeting, 28 October 2005
ATTENDEES: Mike Drennan, B/Gen USAF (Ret) President, Ron Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret) Vice President; Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ernie Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Norm Moyer, SMGgt USAF (Ret); Dave Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Mike McCorkle, Maj USAFR (Ret); Desi Desormeaux, Lt Col USAF (Ret), John Grier, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Danny O’Connell, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Dave Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Tom Scanlan, Lt Col USAF (Ret), Tony Roman, MSgt USAF (Ret), Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret); Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret)
Mike DRENNAN called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Terminal Building1.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT: Financial status as of 30 Sept 05 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-ADDED AFTER MEETING)
Cash Available: 22,197
CY 05 Income: 43,965
CY 05 Expenditures: 36,265
2. ARTIFACTS & VOL COORDINATOR:
Aug 05 Total (CY)
Visitors 951 9,332 (Closed 1 Jan-8 Mar 05)
Vols working this month 30
Volunteer Hours 626 6,133
Total Volunteers on Rolls 77
Accessions 0 212
- Inventory has been completed.
- Next project is to reorganize the artifacts room to improve control.
3. GIFT SHOP: (Closed 1 Jan 05-8 Mar 05).
Aug 05 Total (CY)
Sales $1,680 $11,741
(WEAVER-ADDED AFTER NEETING)
4. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
ON GOING CONSTRUCTION:
-The Medal of Honor Grove. ECD: 17 Nov 05. Working on rededication ceremony.
HAWK MISSILES AND LAUNCHER:
- Missiles will be turned over to the contractor 3 Nov 05.
- Good discussion with NMAF about disposition of excess items.
- A Gibson Girl radio has been obtained.
- Contract work on both radomes and tip tanks expect to begin in spring.
- Working on design for temporary display in the hangar.
- Installation (outside) expects to begin in spring.
- Cost of tiles will increase to 48 dollars per.
- Loss of engraver has backlogged our orders.
- CES design presented to the staff.
- Construction will commence in spring.
- AC will be moved and funded by the West Gate upgrade project.
- Museum required to fund/accomplish restoration of the AC.
- Old City Hangar work completed during Sept 05.
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF THE AIR FORCE VISIT:
- Very productive.
- Possible staff visit in spring.
- Offer of procedural assistance.
- Over 44,500 hits as of this morning.
- Need more volunteers.
- Will do more advertising.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
1. FOUNDATION BOARD MEETING:
- Four new Board Members recommended.
- Four honorary Board Members recommended.
- Term lengths established for all current Board members.
- Tour length for Chairman established-2 Years
- Annual Board elections will be conducted in December.
2. STRATEGIC PLANNING SESSION:
-Need to establish date for session in January 2006.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 18 November 2005 in the Old City Hangar (No December Meeting).
CMSGT USAF (Ret)