ATTENDEES: Mike Drennan, B/Gen USAF (Ret) President; Ron Gray, B/G USAF (Ret), Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Norm Moyer, SMGgt USAF (Ret); Mike McCorkle, Maj USAFR (Ret); Desi Desormeaux, Lt Col USAF (Ret), John Grier, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Tony Roman, MSgt USAF (Ret), Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret); Ann Foster, Capt. USAF (Ret), Tom Scalan, Lt Col, USAF (Ret), Jim Bowden, TSgt USAF (Vet), Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret)
Mike DRENNAN called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 28 Feb 06 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $15,256
CY 06 Income: $1,593
2. ARTIFACTS & ACCESSIONS (McCARTHY):
- Accessions -0-
- NMAF has requested new pictures of all Museum artifacts by 31 May 06.
3. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
MEDAL OF HONOR GROVE:
- ECD is now 15 Apr 06. Dedication
Ceremony will be 1000 hours,
Details being worked.
HAWK MISSILES AND LAUNCHER:
- ECD: end of May 06.
- No change.
- Contractor has scheduled a May start (weather permitting) date for work on the domes and tip tanks. ECD is mid June 2006.
WEST GATE F-101B;
- Work on the West Gate delayed until Dec 2006.
MUSEUM STRATEGIC PLAN:
- Working Group worked out a draft plan on 7 Jan 06. Plan being completed.
- Gear doors turned over to the 302 AW for work.
- First Training Class completed 27 Mar 06.
NORAD COMMANDERS CALL:
- Scheduled for Jul 06.
- Reception will be in the Old City Hangar.
- NORAD request all exhibits be open - Will need volunteers to work.
BASE VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DAY:
- 25 Apr 06 1100-1300 hrs
- Our volunteers are urged to attend.
- Contact Gail for RSVP NLT 11 Apr 06.
- Construction of display area almost complete.
- ECD for exhibit is Jun 06.
4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (FOSTER):
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 77
5. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
- Ejection systems in all AC except the T-33 have been safety certified.
- All down locks have been checked and safety certified except for the F-89.
- CF-101B leaking hydraulic fluid. This will be a major project to repair.
- We should consider removing some items from the F-15A and placed on display.
6. WEBMASTER (SMALLEY):
- Over 53,000 hits to date
- KUDOS to SMALLEY for his photo assistance to the Wing Space Observer staff’s recent two-page article about the Medal of Honor Grove construction.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- Update on condition of Jane Newman, Ed Kelley, Jack McKinney, and John Cawood provided.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs,
EDWARD W. WEAVER