ATTENDEES: G. W. Clark, M/G USAF (Ret); R. Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret); E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum; M. Cooper, DAFC, Staff; J. Nash, DAFC, Staff; Al Horne, USAF (Vet); E. Smalley, SMSGT USAF (Ret); E. Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret); J. Newman, DAFC (Ret); D. Burns; SSgt USA (Vet);
R. McClelland, Major USAF (Ret); C. McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); T. Galbreath, Major USAF (Ret); J. Swalley, 1Lt USN (Ret); P. Brown, MSgt USAF (Ret)
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 30 Oct 09 Minutes Approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 30 Nov 09
- Cash Available: $24,420
- Income to date: $25,482
- Expenditures: $22,456
- Statement reviewed and approved.
(3) Restoration Work (GALBREATH)
- Presented copy of the plans for the F-5.
(4) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 31 Oct 09.
- 7,725 Volunteer hours as of 31 Oct 08.
- 15,079 Visitors as of 31 Oct 08
(5) Web Site (SMALLEY):
- Added some new items.
- 122,357 hits as of this morning.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen):
- Contractor completed work in the air park on the F-4C, CF-101, F-86, F-89, F-94 and EC-121T. Problems found on a number of the AC radomes which will require future work.
- N/NC functions have moved out of the Broadmoor Hangar. Walking tour of the Hangar followed the meeting.
- F-15A Center line pod will be painted by the 302 AW and placed on the aircraft.
- New Panel placed in the North America Defense Exhibit. Three more were presented for review by the group. Should start work on the reading rails next week.
- Work continues on the site preparation for the F-101B.
- Museumís AF budget cut 50 percent for FY 2010.
- Need to consider external hard drive backup for the artifacts inventory and the special collection inventory. Foundation will fund the project.
in contact with the
- Working on a spring dedication ceremony for the restored Canadian CF-100 and CF-101B aircraft.
Newsletter Inputs: (
- Would like all inputs NLT 15 Jan 2010. Earlier the better.
3. OPEN DISCUSSION:
- Museumís Strategic Plan Update will start 14 Dec 09.
4. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 29 Jan 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer