ATTENDEES: G.W. Clark, MG USAF (Ret) President, R. Gray, B/G USAF (Ret) Vice President, E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum, D. Burns,, E. Kelley, SMSGT USAF (Ret), John Grier, MSGT USAF (Ret), Jim Bowden USAF (Vet), A. Foster, Capt USAF (Ret), Al Horne, USAF (Ret), Ron McClelland, Capt USAF (Ret), J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret), J. Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret), E. Smalley, SMSGT USAF (Ret), F. Stampf, Col USAF (Ret), C. McCarthy, Col USAF (Ret), N. Moyer, SMS USAF (Ret), J. Swalley, Lt, USN (Ret), J. Nash, DAFC, Assistance Curator
A. Management Review;
(1) Open Item : Concert in the Park
- Awaiting signature on band request.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 30 Sep 08
- Cash Available: $21,377
- Income to date: $22,767
- Expenditures: $24,676
(3) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 30 Sep 08
- 786 Volunteer hours during September.
- 8,246 Volunteer hours during 2008.
- 1,297 Visitors during September.
- 16.013 Visitors during 2008.
- Web Site
-- 1,894 pages and 3,241 files.
-- 100,501 Web Site Hits since 2002. Kudos to Erv Smalley!
--Sever contract extended for two years.
New Exhibit Report (
- Introduction & First Panel completed. One more review pending.
- Second panel drafted.
- Black Gang working on display area preparation in the City Hangar.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
(1) Curator Update (Whalen):
- Raccoon problem in the Broadmoor Hangar resolved.
- NMAF evaluation team visit going well.
- CF-100 being painted as we meet.
- F-4C repair work almost complete. Minor sheet metal work pending. Kudos 302AW for their support!
- F-101B will be moved and temporarily placed in the 302AW ammo storage area. During spring 2009 aircraft will be restored and placed east of the BX/Commissary area in Pete East. Plan is to use the colors of the 13 FIS (Aircraft’s longest duty assignment).
- Minuteman Missile III Site ground preparation under way.
(2) Functional Action Plan Review.
- Collection Management Plan Closed.
- Volunteer Program Plan Updated.
(3) AFSC Reorganization:
- Discussion about the restructure of AFSPC and impact on the Museum (INFO).
(4) Orientation Video Tape:
- Being Updated (INFO).
- FOSTER will be relocating to
C. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) Next Meeting:
- No December 2008 Meeting.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer