ATTENDEES: G.W. Clark, MG USAF (Ret) President, E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum, D. Burns, J. Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret), J. Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret), E. Kelley, SMSGT USAF (Ret), D. O’Connell, CMSGT USAF (Ret), T. Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret), John Grier, MSGT USAF (Ret), Jim Bowden USAF (Vet), D. Austin, CMSGT USAF (Ret), A. Foster, Capt USAF (Ret), Al Horne, USAF (Ret), Ron McClelland, Capt USAF (Ret), G. Freyer, Col USAF (Ret), J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret), J. Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret)
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. CURATOR’S UPDATE (NASH);
(1) Birds have torn insulation away from the front doors.
(2) F4C: Awaiting support from 302 AW
(3) TILES: Work order submitted to place 18 tiles on the Museum Grounds.
(4) CF-100: Restoration bid came in at 36K. Museum budget only has 22K.
(5) AFSPC/HO Conference: Scheduled for Sept/Oct. Museum may host events.
(6) NMAF EVAULATION: Visit s scheduled for 19-31 Oct 08.
(7) WATER DRAINAGE PROBLEM: CES has funded the project at 5K.
WEEK: A retreat ceremony will be he
conducted at the Museum 0900 hrs, 18 Sept 08.
B. DOCENTS (GRIER):
KUDOS everyone for the support-we have been very busy.
C. FINANCE REPORT (WEAVER):
Cash Available: $20,957
Income to Date: $18,739
D. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (WEAVER):
(1) Visitors during July 08: 2,729
(2) Visitors as of 30 June 08: 12,818
(3) Vols working June 08: 31
(5) Vols hours to 30 Jun 08: 6,723
E. WEB SITE: (SMALLEY):
98,153 Hits as of this morning.
AD EXHIBIT (
(1) Exhibit now includes Missile Warning, Space Surveillance, and ICBM.
(2) Panels will include THREAT & RESPONSE Items
(3) Information gathering phase completed
(4) Drafts have been accomplished
(5) Will brief entire working group and anyone else interested-then Curator.
(6) Exhibit will be built one panel at a time.
(7) Final working group meeting will follow this staff meeting.
G. WAL MART DONATION (GALBREATH):
The Board of Directors during their August meeting acknowledged the donation of ten photo frames to the Museum.
3. NEW BUSINESS:
A. BX DISPLAY: WHALEN reported that the Museum may man a table at the BX area. Need volunteers (OPEN).
B. BUILDING SIGNS: WHALEN reported a work order will be submitted to place sign in front of the Museum’s buildings.
D. NEW STAFF MEETING AGENDA: New format reviewed and approved.
4. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 26 Sep 08, Ops Building Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer