SUBJECT:† Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 25 Sep 2009
ATTENDEES:† G. W. Clark, M/G USAF (Ret) President; R. Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret), Vice President;† E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, G. Whalen, DAFC,† Curator Pete Museum, J. Nash, DAFC Staff; M. Cooper, DAFC, Staff;† Al Horne, USAF (Vet);† J. Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret;, E. Smalley, SMSGT USAF (Ret);† E. Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret);†† D. Burns;† J. Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret);† J. Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret);† D. Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret);† R. McClelland, Major USAF (Ret);† A. Foster, Capt, USAF (Ret);† S. Brite, USAF Vet;† C. McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret);† E. Kelly, SMSgt USAF (Ret), J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret)
1. OPENING REMARKS:† †CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.† Three new volunteers were introduced and welcomed Ms COOPER new Museum Staff member.
2. †OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 28 Aug 09 Minutes Approved.
(2) Open Item New Exhibit Report (WHALEN):
- We have obtained the services of a graphic designer (Diane Vulcan) to complete the posters (CLOSED)
(3) Open Item† M-21 Re-entry vehicle (WHALEN):
- †NMAF will put our Museum on the M-21 wish list.
- GRAY will discuss the item with Jay KELLY (AAFM President).
(4) Open Item Signage (WHALEN):
- Main entrance sign (at Peterson Blvd & Ent Ave) approved & Funded FY 2009 monies.
- Building signs programmed for FY 2010 funding.† Work orders submitted.
(5) Open Item Visitor Center Lt Peterson Poster (WHALEN):
- Design complete-working on installation.
(6) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Aug 09
- Cash Available:† $22,477
- Income to date:†† $19,334
- Expenditures:†††† $18,398
(7) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 31 Aug 09.
- 5,197 Volunteer hours to date.
- 13,286 Visitors to date
- Web Site
-- 115,876 Web Site Hits since 2002.
††††††††††††††††††††††† -† Ten accessions to date.
(8) Web Site (SMALLEY):
- As of 31 Aug 09 117,712 hits.
- This morning 118,999 hits, Updated numerous items to the site-thanks to all those individuals who provided me with pictures.
3. NEW †BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen):.
- Site preparation continues for the new location of the F-101 (North of base ops) ECD Nov-Mar 2010)
- Contractor working in the air park on the F-4C, CF-101, F-86, F-89, F-94 and EC-121T. ECD: 27 Nov 09
- Work continues inside Bldg 140 (Hangar #1) to provide a new location for the functions in the Broadmoor Hangar (non Museum) to move to.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION:
A. DVD copies:
- Twenty-Five copies of the Museumís Oeientation Presentation completed.
KUDOS to E. NEWMAN.
B. Newsletter Inputs:
- Please get to J. MCKINNEY soonest.
C. Volunteer Cook Out:
- Great success-KUDOS to Gail, Jeff, and Meredith- and all the great cooks!
5. CLOSING REMARKS:
†† Next Meeting:
(1) 0900hrs, 30 Nov 09, Ops Building Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer