SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Volunteers Staff Meeting, 26 Jan 07
ATTENDEES: Ron Gray, B/G USAF (Ret), Vice President, Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Lt Col John Cawood, USAF (Ret), Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Ernie Newman, CMSgt, USAF (Ret), Dick Burns, Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret), Ed Kelley, SMSGT, USAF (Ret), Norm Moyer, MSgt, USAF (Ret), John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret), Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Dan O’Connell, CMSGT USAF (Ret), Victoria Heim
Ron GRAY called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 Dec 06 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $24,979
CY 06 Income: $37,261
2. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
- No change.
- Target date for turn over is March 07.
- Installation delayed by weather.
AIR PARK WORK:
- Drainage work delayed by weather.
- MPF will be placed in Old City Hangar.
- At Hill awaiting transportation to Pete.
WEST GATE F-101B:
- Construction is under way, ECD: Dec 07.
- World Wide Recovery took down the AC on 23 Dec 06.
- AC has been placed west of McDonald’s.
PAVE PAWS TRAINER:
- Awaiting AF Funds to be allocated to pay for transportation costs.
- 20K received for FY 07.
VISITORS CY 2006
- Over 12,000 for the year.
- Working on the design for three special exhibits for CY 2007.
3. ARTIFACTS, ACCESSIONS & NEWLETTER (McKINNEY):
- 119 items for CY 2006.
- Need items by 15 Mar for next Newsletter
- Need to check with 21SW/JA for legal disclaimer for both the Newsletter and the Web Site.
4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (WEAVER):
Dec 06 CY2006
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 58
5. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
- HAWK Missile Fins completed.
- Armour Plate installed.
6. WEBSITE (SMALLEY):
- Over 69,000 hits to date.
- Photos of the F-101B take down posted on the site.
7. DOCENTS (O’CONNELL):
- Need to review duty hours.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- Volunteer Appreciation Day will be 1300hrs, 12 February 2007.
- Strategic Planning Session is scheduled for 27 January 2007.
- CAWOOD working to obtain an Eagle Rock Bullet model 1/10 scale.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 23 February 2007 in the Old City Hangar.
EDWARD W. WEAVER