ATTENDEES: Mike Drennan, B/G USAF (Ret), President, Gail Whalen, Museum Curator; Jeff Nash, Assistant Curator; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Lt Col John Cawood, USAF (Ret), Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Ernie Newman, CMSgt, USAF (Ret), Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret), Ed Kelly, SMSGT, USAF (Ret), Norm Moyer, MSgt, USAF (Ret), Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Dan O’Connell, CMSGT USAF (Ret), Jimmy Bowden, USAF Vet, Anne Foster, Capt USAF (Ret); Jim Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); Terry Galbreath, Major USAF (Ret); Frank Stampf, Col, USAF (Ret); Victoria Heim
Mike DRENNAN called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 Mar 07 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $21,616.03
CY 07 Income: $2,425.94
2. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
- No change.
- 21SW/CC approved joint use of the Hangar. The Museum will receive over 4,000 sq feet while NORTHCOM will be assigned over 3,000 sq feet. We’ll both receive the bathrooms. Still waiting for permission to move into the building.
- Forty-Eight tiles have been placed around the Flag Pole. Footer will allow for 75 more tiles to be placed.
AIR PARK WORK:
- Drainage work delayed by weather.
- No change.
- Working with the 302AW to arrange for airlift support.
WEST GATE F-101B:
- Construction is under way, ECD: Feb 08.
New display area for the Aircraft will be next to West Gate Visitors’
- Museum to fund restoration of the A/C in FY08
PAVE PAWS TRAINER:
- No change.
ADOPT AN AIRPLANE PROGRAM:
- May will be the first month for base units to begin cleaning A/C. Friday May 11 is the first date.
PHOTO RECON SQDN
- WWII unit
assigned to Pete Fld will have their reunion
- Will visit Museum, Special Exhibit for them, Oral Histories will be accomplished.
3. ARTIFACTS, ACCESSIONS & NEWLETTER (
- 40 items to date for CY 2007.
- Looking for inputs for the next Newsletter.
- Only three suggestions for naming the Newsletter. Still looking for more recommendations.
4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (WEAVER):
- Visitors 556
- Total to date: 942
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 60
5. RAMP RATS (WHALEN):
- Decals placed on Props.
- Plans underway to install camera in the cockpit attached to a monitor for viewing.
-- Installed new birds spikes on A/Cs.
6. WEBSITE (SMALLEY):
- Hits of date: 74,151.
7. DOCENTS (O’CONNELL):
- Nothing new.
8. BLACK GANG (WEAVER):
- Stands for missiles/rockets have been completed.
- Will be working on the Discoverer capsule.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- WHALEN and NASH presented numerous Museum Volunteers with the “President’s Volunteer Service Awards”. Certificates and service level pins were presented. KUDOS to all!
- AF Funding (17K) will be used to award contract for F-4C repair work.
BASE MASTER PLAN:
- WHALEN briefed on the recent released plan. None of the WWII buildings adjacent to the airpark will be kept—new buildings will be constructed near us. Historic district will be kept intact.
26TH PHOTO RECON SQDN:
- Museum received DVD with WWII activities of the 26 POROS (26th was trained at Pete Fld during WWII).
AFSPC’s COMMANDERS CONFERENCE ICE BREAKER:
- Reception held in the Museum’s Old City Hangar.
- Many KUDOs from those in attendance.
CELEBRATION IN THE PARK:
- STAMPF will head up a working group to work on the details for a celebration of the AF’s 60th Anniversary, AFSPC’s 25th Anniversary and Peterson AFB’s 65th Anniversary.
- GALBREATH working on restoration of the THOR missile and the MGS vehicle.
- CAWOOD working on the construction of a BULLET A/C model.
EC-121T CONNIE ARTICLE:
- NEWMAN briefed on an article about our Connie that appeared in the recent edition of the “PROPLINER” magazine.
- Outstanding article in this week’s Wing Newspaper by Jeff Nash. The article covers the WWII history of Peterson Field. Item will be placed on the web site.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 25 May 2007 in the
EDWARD W. WEAVER