SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 25 Jul 08
ATTENDEES: G.W. Clark, MG USAF (Ret) President, R. Gray, BG USAF (Ret) Vice President, E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer, J. Nash, DAFC, USAF Ass’t Curator Pete Museum, D. Burns, J. Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret), J. Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret), E. Kelley, SMSGT USAF (Ret), D. O’Connell, CMSGT USAF (Ret), T. Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret), C. McCarthy, Col USAF (Ret), E. Newman, CMSGT USAF (Ret), John Grier, MSGT USAF (Ret), Jim Bowden USAF (Vet), D. Austin, CMSGT USAF (Ret), N. Moyer, SMSGT USAF (Ret), Al Horne, USAF (Ret), Ron McClelland, Capt USAF (Ret), F. Stampf, Col USAF (Ret)
1. OPENING REMARKS: CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room. Up on the MinuteMan III Missile siteing was briefed.
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. CURATOR’S UPDATE (NASH);
(1) F-101B: Scheduled for placement in the Pike View Park CY 09.
(2) F4C: Awaiting support from 302 AW
(3) TILES: Work order submitted to place 18 tiles on the Museum Grounds.
(4) CF-100: Restoration bid came in at 36K. Museum budget only has 22K. Need to work another option.
(5) ADOPT-AN-AIRPLACE/MISSILE: 21 SVS not only clean and waxed the F-102, but clean up the park area) KUDOS
(6) AFSPCE/HO Conference: Scheduled for Sept/Oct. Museum may host events.
(7) NMAF EVAULATION: Visit s scheduled for 8-19 Sept 08.
(8) WATER DRAINAGE PROBLEM: CES has funded the project at 5K.
(9) ENLISTED HERITAGE PROJECTS: Museum is supporting two projects (at the Club and 21 MSS).
B. DOCENTS (GRIER):
(1) Annual training scheduled for 0900hts, 28 Jul 2008.
(2) KUDOS everyone for the support-we have been very busy.
C. FINANCE REPORT (WEAVER):
As of 30 June 2008:
Cash Available: $18,797
Income to Date: $15,718
D. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (WEAVER):
(1) Visitors during June 08: 2,633
(2) Visitors as of 30 June 08: 10,089
(3) Vols working June 08: 32
(4) Vols hours during Jun 08 765
(5) Vols hours to 30 Jun 08: 5, 891
E. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
(1) During 1948 Air Force designated it’s P-47s as F-47 (this includes our AC).
(2) Our DOCENTS can explain during tours.
F. AD EXHIBIT (WEAVER):
(1) Exhibit now includes Missile Warning, Space Surveillance, and ICBM.
(2) Panels will include THREAT & RESPONSE Items
(3) Information gathering phase completed
(4) Drafts have been accomplished
(5) Will brief entire working group and anyone else interested-then Curator.
(6) Exhibit will be built one panel at a time.
G. WAL MART DONATION (GALBREATH):
(1) Nine picture frames has been donated by the area WAL MART Stores.
(2) We will acknowledge the donation during our next Board Meeting (Aug).
3. NEW BUSINESS:
A. BX DISPLAY: McCARTHY asked status of BX Exhibit (ACTION:WHALEN)
B. BUILDING SIGNS: McCARTHY suggested signs be placed for each of the Historic District’s Building outlining the building’s history.
C. MUSEUM SIGN: NASH reported a work order has been submitted for a sign for the Museum.
D. CONCERT IN THE PARK: CLARK asked that the Foundation take on a Concert in the Park project for next year (Jun-Aug timeframe). CLARK, GRAY, STAMPF & WEAVER met after the meeting.
4. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 29 Aug 08, Ops Building Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer