SUBJECT:† Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 25 Jun 10
ATTENDEES:† Wes Clark, M/Gen USAF (Ret); Ron Gray, B/Gen, USAF (Ret); Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum Director; Jeff Nash, DAFC,† Staff, Pete Museum;† Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); †Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); †Erv Smalley, SMS USAF (Ret); †Ron Solomon, Col, USAF (Ret); John Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret); Ernie Newman, CMSGT USAF (Ret); Terry Galbreath, Major USAF (Ret); John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); John Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Al Horne, USAF (Vet); Ron McClelland, Major, USAF (Ret), Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret); Jimmy Bowden, TSgt USAF (Ret); Jim Swalley, Lt USN (Ret)
OPENING REMARKS:† CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 28 May10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 May 10
- Cash Available:† $24,824
- Income to date:†† $7,429
- Expenditures:†††† †$8,550
(3) †Accessions, Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 31 May 10
- 45 Accessions during CY 2010
- 3,393 Volunteer hours during CY 2010
- 6,746 Visitors during CY 2010
(4) Web Site (Smalley):
- 132,950 hits as of 31 May 10
(5) Restoration Work (Galbreath)
- Still working on the F-5
- Cockpit almost complete-presented to the group for their review
- Outstanding detailing
- Still need help
(6) Concert in the Park (Weaver):
- Saturday, 7 Aug 10 in the Air Park.
- Working Group established and working out details. Museum will open at 0900hrs, serve food at 1100, Blue Steel will perform at 1200hrs.
- Will need max effort from volunteers.
2. NEW† BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen)):
- Problems with the contractor doing the F-101 AC site presentation.
- NASH still working the turn-in of numerous equipment items to DRMO.† Two target dates: 15 Jul and 15 Aug 10.†
- First Oral History program interview under way.
- Emergency funds obtained to replace the outer roof shell of the Old City Hangar.† Working out times and dates. †Will need to close the hangar during repairs.
- CE ready to replace and place new tiles by the flag pole.
- Facilities inspection next week-Museum will be evaluated.
- Funding for FY 2011 will be very restricted.
- Monte Watts ID the missing equipment for the instructor area of the MPT.† Should arrive next month.
- Provided numerous photos of Lt Peterson to the vendor working on the new mannequin.† Working on new posters for the Peterson exhibit.
- Received thank you note from the 456 FIS Reunion committee thanking the Museum and volunteers for their support.† KUDOs to all!!
- Nothing new on the Broadmoor Hangar usage.
- If you havenít updated your ID Cards required by the DBIDS-please do!
3. OPEN DISCUSSION:
- Running low on PA&SM brochures.† WHALEN will work the issue.
- McKINNEY requested newsletter inputs to him ASAP.
4. CLOSING REMARKS:
†† Next Meeting:
(1) 0900hrs, 30 July 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer