ATTENDEES: Clark, Wes, M/Gen, USAF (Ret), President; Gray, Ron, B/Gen, USAF (Ret), Vice President; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Secretary-Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum, Director/Curator; Brown, Paul MSgt USAF (Ret); Jim Henderson; Brown, John, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); McClelland, Ron Major, USAF (Ret); Horne, Al, USAF Vet; Austin, Dave, CMSGT USAF (Ret), Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret), Miller, Mike, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Cawood, John, LT Col USAF (Ret); Swalley, Jim, LT USN (Ret); Bowden, Jim USAF (Vet); Long, Bruce, SMSgt USAF (Ret), and James O’Neil.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 30 March 2012 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (WEAVER):
- As of 31 March 2012 Reviewed and approved.
- Cash Available: $41,410
- Income to date: $7,580
- Expenditures: $7,255
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (WHALEN):
- As of 31 March 2012
- No Accessions during CY 2012
- 2,497 Volunteer hours during CY 2012
- 3,647 Visitors during CY 2012
(4) Web Site (McCLELLAND):
- 171,771 hits on the PASMF Home Site.
- 7,148 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site. One hundred and one individuals honored.
- Updated Eagle Wings, PASMF Organization pages. Posted pictures of 2011 Volunteer Appreciation Day Ceremony and March 2012 Meeting Minutes.
(5) Open Items:
- Need inputs for the Newsletter to Jack McKinney NLT mid May please.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (WHALEN):
(1) CMAFS Tour either 14 or 21 May 12. Whalen will e-mail all volunteers.
(2) Bruce Long working on Volunteer’s pictures,
CE working on lights in
Should start Connie
Museum featured in the
Colorado Springs Gazette Newspaper’s “Best of the Springs 2011” Expert Picks for
(7) Volunteer training to follow this meeting.
(8) Looking to fill a number of volunteer positions: Public Affairs Lead, Volunteer Coordinator, Terminal Building Lead, Training, Lead, President, Vice, President, Secretary, Treasurer and Gift Shop Manager. If you are interested, contact Gail Whalen.
B. Erv Smalley Service: Scheduled for 1030, 28 Apr 12 at the Shrine of Remembrance.
3. NEXT MEETING:
0900hrs, 29 June 2012.
EDWARD W. WEAVER