ATTENDEES: Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Secretary-Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum, Director/Curator; Al Horne, USAF Vet; Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret); Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret); John Cawood, Lt Col, USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jimmy Bowden, TSgt, USAF (Vet); Jim Henderson, Buddy Walker, 21 SW Chaplain; Erv Smalley, SMgt, USAF (Ret); Meredith Cooper, DAFC, Staff; Geoffry Ashland
OPENING REMARKS: WEAVER called the meeting to order in the Conference Room. WHALEN introduced three new Docents: Jim Henderson, Buddy Walker, and Geoffry Ashfort to the group.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 29 April 2011 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (WEAVER):
- As of 30 April 2011
- Cash Available: $31,637
- Income to date: $8,611
- Expenditures: $6,318
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (WHALEN):
- As of 30 April 2011
- Two Accessions during CY 2011
- 2,262 Volunteer hours during CY 2011
- 4,065 Visitors during CY 2011
(4) Restoration Projects (Galbreath):
- Fuel tanks, other parts, and pictures of the F-4 model progress were provided to the group.
- Working on a number of other projects
- Anyone interested in helping-contact Terry.
(5) Web Site (McCLELLAND):
- 154,185 hits on the PASM Home Site as of this morning.
- 4,125 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site as of 30 April11
(6) DOCENTs Vests (WEAVER)
- Ordered 11 May 11.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (WHALEN):
(1) Working with 21 CES for a contract to remove floor tiles on the south side of the Broadmoor Hangar. Estimated cost 7K.
(2) Fire Department inspected work to be done in the Broadmoor Hangar. Building will require the installation of a water sprinkler system.
(3) Electrical and structure shops should visit the Hangar next week.
(4) Tiles and plaques will be installed shortly.
(5) Still working with the 52 AWS on a plan to install “cans” on the F-101.
(6) New signage for the entrance to the Museum grounds and buildings will begin as soon as the weather breaks.
(7) Working with the 721 SG/CC to upgrade our CMCOC exhibit. Working on tour of CMCOC for the Docents.
(8) Gail Whalen, Terry Galbreath, John Cawood and Jim Henderson will meet after the meeting at the EC-121T to evaluate repairs required for the upper radome.
1. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 24 June 2011, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER