SUBJECT:† Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 28 October 2011
ATTENDEES: †Clark, Wes, M/Gen, USAF (Ret), President;† Gray, Ron, B/Gen, USAF (Ret), Vice President; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Secretary-Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum,† Director/Curator; Jeff Nash, DAFC, Assít Director/Curator; †Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret); †John Cawood, Lt Col, USAF (Ret); †Jim Henderson;† Erv Smalley, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt Col, USAF (Ret); Shaw, Tonia, Capt, USA (Vet); Austin, Dave, CMSGT USAF (Ret); Brown, John, Lt Col USAF (Ret); (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet), Stanpf, Frank, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Galbreath, Terry, Major USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Brown, John, Lt Col USAF (Ret);† McClelland, Major, USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim; OíNeal, James, Civ
OPENING REMARKS:† CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.†
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 29 July 2011 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (WEAVER):
- As of 30 September 2011
- Cash Available:† $33,892
- Income to date:†† $21,603
- Expenditures:†††† †$16,507
(3) Black Gang (GRAY):
- †Demolition work that can be accomplished in-house, all but complete.† Will begin dry walling next week.
(4) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (WHALEN):
- As of 30 September 2011
- Two Accessions during CY 2011
- 6,369 Volunteer hours during CY 2011
- †Visitors during CY 2011 (Not available)
(5) Web Site (McCLELLAND):
- 163,280 hits on the PASM Home Site as of30 September 2011.
- 5,099 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site as of this 30 September 2011.
Ė Looking for new ways to spread the word about the Galaxy of Stars, --Perhaps Facebook. Need to talk more next week.†
(6) DOCENT Vests & Caps (WEAVER):
- Issued to all DOCENTS.
- If you didnít get one, see Ed Weaver.
(7) Restoration Efforts (GALBRETH):
- Stilling working on the F-1 model.
2. NEW† BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update †(WHALEN):
(1) †21 CES has approved all work order submitted.† Waiting funding.
(2) Completing exhibits in the City Hangar will be our number one priority for CY 2012.
(3) Need to complete new inventory soonest.
(4) Still spending many hours on the Wing Voting Officerís duties.† Regret I'm not available to the volunteers as much as I would like to be.
(5) Would like to have more Docents.
(6) Have several teen volunteers (School credits).† Looking for ideas on how to effectively use them.† Will discuss again next meeting.
(7) Paul Brown had several ideas about creating a calendar that would have pictures of the Museumí static displays and artifacts.† Need to discuss this at the next meeting.
(8) Thanks to all the volunteers for all their efforts!!!!!!
3. CLOSING REMARKS: †CLARK also thanked the volunteers.
†† Next Meeting:
(1) 0900hrs, 23 November 2011, Broadmoor Conference Room.† No meeting during December
EDWARD W. WEAVER