MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Location: file:///C:/F5644652/VolMtg28Sep12.htm Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"
SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 28 September 2012
ATTENDEES: Clark, Wes, M/Gen, USAF (Ret), President; Gray, Ron, B/Gen, = USAF (Ret), Vice President; Weaver, Ed, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Secretary-Treasurer; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Museum, Director/Curator; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Ass’t Director, Henderson, Jim, Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); = Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret), Long, Bruce, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Solomon, Ron, USAF Vet, Miller, Mike, Lt Col, US= AF (Ret), Cenci, Bob, Brown, John, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Austin, Dave, CMSgt USAF (Ret) and Ashiegh Hans. <= /p>
OPENING REMARKS: CLARK welcomed new volu= nteer Ms Ashley, a new Docent.
OLD BUSINESS: =
A.&n= bsp; Management Review;=
(1)&= nbsp; Minutes Approval:<= o:p>
- 31 August 2012 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2)&= nbsp; Financial Review (= WEAVER):
- As of 31 August 2012 Reviewed and approved.
- Cash Available: $48,780=
to date: $25,812 =
- Expenditures: $19,637
(3)&= nbsp; Accessions, Volunt= eer Hours & Visitors Numbers (WHALEN):
- As of 31 August 2012
No Accessions during CY 2012 =
- 6,731 Volunteer hours during CY 201= 2
14,084 Visitors during CY 2012 =
(4)&= nbsp; Web Site (WEAVER):=
- 15,494 hits on the PASMF Home Site during CY 2012.
- 1,852 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during CY 2012
- 55th Wing Reunion, NCO Academy Work Day, EC-121T Painting pictures added. Working on a general facelift of t= he overall site. Paid for two year extension of service for both sites.
(5)&= nbsp; Foundation Officers Replacements (CLARK):
- Replacement for the Gift Shop Manager has been found-Paul BROWN.
- Still having problems with President and Vice President Positions.
- Have volunteers interested in the Treasurer and Secretary Positions.<= /span>
OPEN ITEMS: =
ICBM Exhibit (WHALEN):
- Working on Upgrades to the current exhibits. . Still working on posters and do not expect new display cases for f= ive more weeks. Posters almost complete. Will have DVD for GRAY to take to the AAFM meeting.(OPEN)
Equi= pment Turn In (WHALEN): = =
- Nothing to report. OPEN)
Volu= nteer Training (GRAY):
- Working group formed (LONG, GRIER, & McCLELLAND). GRAY has the= lead. Discussion and recommendations from the working group presented. Volunteers will meet in November to finalize plan with ECD of Spring 2013. (OPEN
Dona= tion Box (SOLOMON):
- Approval of funds to build the new donation box approved up to 1,200 dollars. SOLOMON to arrange a meeting with = the builder and WHALEN. (OPEN)
EC-1= 21T Upper Radome Painting (WHALEN)
- Nothing to report. (OPEN)
Broa= dmoor Hangar Sign (WHALEN)
- Will be in place in two weeks (OPEN)
P-40 Painting (WHALEN)
- Contractor has started work. May have to stop. May use contractor to w= ork on Connie. (OPEN)
2.&n= bsp; NEW BUSINESS:
new Air Defense Exhibit. <=
B.&n= bsp; President’s Comments (CLARK):
- Asked WHALEN to check on the start date of the Broadmoor Hangar Design contract.(= OPEN)
to work out recommendations concerning Foundation Officer to the Board̵=
November meeting. ECD 15 Oct =
12 ACTION CLARK, GRAY, WEAVER) =
3.&n= bsp; NEXT MEETING:=
0900hrs, 26 October 2012.
EDWARD W. WEAVER