ATTENDEES: Wes Clark, M/Gen USAF (Ret); Ron Gray, B/Gen, USAF (Ret); Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum Director; Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); Ron Solomon, Col, USAF (Ret); John Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret); Ernie Newman, CMSGT USAF (Ret); Terry Galbreath, Major USAF (Ret); John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); John Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Al Horne, USAF (Vet); Dave Austin, CMSGT USAF (Ret) and Ginger
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 25 June10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 30 June 10
- Cash Available: $28,210
- Income to date: $11,281
- Expenditures: $8,771
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 30 June 10
- 45 Accessions during CY 2010
- 4,019 Volunteer hours during CY 2010
- 9,476 Visitors during CY 2010
(4) Web Site (Weaver):
- 135,640 hits as of 30 June 10
(5) Restoration Work (Galbreath)
- Still working on the F-5
- May have found some help.
(6) Concert in the Park (Whalen):
7 Aug 10 in the
- Set up Friday afternoon and Saturday AM.
- Museum will open at 0900hrs, serve food at 1100, Blue Steel will perform at 1200hrs.
- Will need max effort from volunteers.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen)):
- Site for the F-101 has been completed.
- Contact let to move F-101 AC to new site.
- Working on paint contact.
- SF has turned some items into DRMO. NASH still working the turn-in of numerous other equipment items.
- May have obtained a M-12 trainer.
- First Oral History program going well.
- Emergency funds obtained to replace the outer roof shell of the Old City Hangar. Working out times and dates. Will need to close the hangar during repairs.
- CE ready to replace and place new tiles by the flag pole.
- Provided numerous photos of Lt Peterson to the vendor working on the new mannequin. Working on new posters for the Peterson exhibit.
- Working with CES on a number of upgrades to the Broadmoor Hangar.
- New Lt Peterson Exhibit almost complete
- The Foundation made a 100 dollars donation in the memory of Lt Col Maurice Peterson to the Alzheimer Association to honor his wife Dorothe.
- AFSPC has designated the Museum as the Guardian Challenge’s reception area and will provide funds to improve the Museum.
3. OPEN DISCUSSION:
4. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 27 August 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer