SUBJECT:† Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 30 April 10
ATTENDEES:† Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC,† Curator Pete Museum;† Dick Burns;† SSgt USA (Vet); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMS USAF (Ret; John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); Jim Bowden, TSgt, USAF (Vet); Bob Koenig, Col, USAF (Ret), Ron Solomon, Col, USAF (Ret); Ron McClelland, Major, USAF (Ret)
1. OPENING REMARKS: †WHALEN called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 26 Mar10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Mar 10
- Cash Available:† $24,943
- Income to date:†† $3,119
- Expenditures:†††† †$5,525
(3) Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 31 Mar 10.
- 2,241 Volunteer hours during CY 2010.
- 3,815 Visitors during CY 2010.
(4) Web Site (Smalley):
- 130,789 hits as of 29 Apr 10.
(5) Out Reach Program (Stampf):
- Need to ID a target Group.†
- Forward ideas to Frank Stampf.
(6) Concert in the Park (Stampf):
- 1200hrs 7 Aug 10 in the Air Park.
- Need to put together a working group.
(7) Inventory (McKinney):
- Completed.† This is the fifth inventory since 2002.
- 2000+ item on the NMAF Inventory; 1900+ on the PA&SM Inventory.
- 3,900+ items.
3. NEW† BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen):
- Still working on site preparation for the F-101B.† NORAD will fund restoration of the AC. Colors will be the 13 FIS.
- Canadian CF-100 and CF-101B re-dedication aircraft ceremony 1 Apr 10 was very successful.† Received much Kudos.
- NASH still working the turn-in of numerous equipment items to DRMO.† Some items may be transferred to Barksdale AFB Museum.
- Still working on M-12/M-21 re entry vehicle display.
- Peterson AFB 9/11 static display will be built in front of the NORAD/NORTHCOM Bldg.† ECD: 15 May 10.
- Museumís DV Events for May:† AFSPCís Commanders Conference, AFSPC Guardian Challenge, and NORAD/NORTCOM Commanderís retirement.
- Villa Sports Center open house went very well.† Kudos to Dick Burns and Al Horne for manning a Museum information booth...
- AFSPC has offered to support the Museumís Oral History program.† Working out details.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION: †Galaxy of Stars Program:
- Whalen, McClelland, Smalley, and McKinney working on approach to get the information on line.
5. CLOSING REMARKS:
†† Next Meeting:
(1) 0900hrs, 28 May 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer