ATTENDEES: Wes Clark, M/Gen USAF (Ret), CEO & President, Ron Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret), Vice President, Gail Whalen, DAFC; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); John Brown, Lt Col USAF John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMGT, USAF (Ret); Jeff Nash, DAFC; John Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret), Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret), Ron McClelland, Major, USAF (Ret), Al Horne, USAF Vet, Jim Swalley, Lt USN (Ret), Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret)
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 30 Nov 10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 30 Nov 10
- Cash Available: $33,076
- Income to date: $27,279
- Expenditures: $20,265
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 31Oct 10
- 57 Accessions during CY 2010
- 7,291 Volunteer hours during CY 2010
- 18,057 Visitors during CY 2010
(4) Web Site (Smalley):
- 145,198 hits on the PA&SMF site as of 31 Oct 10
- 2,484 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site as of31 Oct 10
(5) Restoration Work (Galbreath)
- Model was on display for review by the volunteers.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update Cooper):
(1) Equipment turn in now scheduled for Jan 2011.
(2) Work on new Lt Peterson Exhibit almost complete. The terminal bldg is also undergoing a total make over.
· Dedication Ceremony will be 10 Dec 10.
· KUDOs to the black gang.
(3) F-106 restoration completed.
(4) F-40 restoration completed.
(5) NIKE AJAX missile restoration under way.
(6) F-101B moved 13 Nov 10 to its new location, restoration begins 6 Dec 10
(7) IG inspection expected late January at Peterson, February at GSUs.
(8) AFSPC completed a new DVD for the Museum tilted “Air Attach-The Story of Air Defense Command.”
(9) Will update the Strategic Plan by the end of December.
(10) Security Forces completed their move out from the Broadmoor Hangar 30 Nov 10. Black gang will begin working in the hangar in January 2011.
B. Board of Directors Election (Weaver):
(1) Annual election for new Board members will be December 2010.
3. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 28 Jan 2011, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer