SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 29 Jan 10
ATTENDEES: G. W. Clark, M/G USAF (Ret); R. Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret); E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum; Al Horne, USAF (Vet); E. Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret); D. Burns; SSgt USA (Vet);
R. McClelland, Major USAF (Ret); C. McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); J. Swalley, Lt USN (Ret); J. Brown, LTC USAF (Ret); N Moyer SMSGT USAF (Ret), F. Stampf, Col USAF (Ret)
1. OPENING REMARKS: CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 4 Dec 09 Minutes Approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Dec 09
- Cash Available: $25,682
- Income to date: $28,142
- Expenditures: $23,487
- Statement reviewed and approved.
(3) Board of Directors Election (Weaver)
- Liz Anderson and Brien Binn were elected to three year terms.
(4) Volunteer Hours/Visitors & Web Site Numbers (Weaver/Smalley):
- As of 31 Dec 09.
- 8,795 Volunteer hours during CY 2009.
- 64,798 Volunteer hours since 1 Jan 2003
- 17,014 Visitors during CY 2009.
(5) Web Site (Weaver):
- 20,348 hits during CY 2009.
- 123,630 hits as of 31 Dec 09.
(6) Out Reach Program (Stampf)
- Working group will set up a meeting with the Wing/PA folks.
(7) Concert in the Park (Stampf)
- Need to pick ad time and date and submit request to the USAF Band.
3. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen):
- Three more panels placed in the North America Defense Exhibit.
- Work on weather hold for site preparation of the F-101B.
- Been in contact with the National Museum of the Canadian Air Force to obtain needed artifacts. Items will be donated to the Peterson Museum. Should be mailed next week.
- Canadian CF-100 and CF-101B aircraft restoration dedication will be conducted 1000hrs 1 Apr 10. Guess speaker will be the NORAD/CV and expecting several hundred people. This will be a formal ceremony. WHALEN asked if the Foundation could fund refreshment. Need to get more information on cost.
- Canadian Forces Element change of command will be conducted in the Airpark 3 Apr 10.
- NMAF has approved the DRMO turn in on a number of artifacts. NASH will be working the transfer after next week’s inspection.
- Museum will be restricted during 8-12 Feb 10. City Hangar floor will be painted and a number of exhibits will be worked.
- Working with civil engineering for possible replacement of the City Hangar roof.
B. Newsletter Format: (McKinney):
- Lots of favorable comments about the new format. KUDOs to WHALEN.
C. Strategic Plan (Clark):
- New Five Year (2010-2014) plan will be printed next week. It will be posted on the web site
4. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 26 Feb 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer