SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 28 Jan 11
ATTENDEES: Wes Clark, M/Gen USAF (Ret), CEO & President, Ron Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret), Vice President; Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); John Brown, Lt Col USAF John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMGT, USAF (Ret); Al Horne, USAF Vet; Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col USAF (Ret), Dave Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Tom Scanlan, Lt Col USAF (Ret), Meredith Cooper, DAFC Museum Staff, Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret), Ron Solomon, Col USAF (Ret)
OPENING REMARKS: CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room and welcomed back Al HORNE!
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 3 Dec 10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Clark):
- As of 31 Dec 10
- Cash Available: $30,799
- Income to date: $29,508
- Expenditures: $26,563
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Clark):
- As of 31Oct 10
- 57 Accessions during CY 2010
- 8,588 Volunteer hours during CY 2010
- 19,089 Visitors during CY 2010
(4) Web Site (Smalley):
- 146,432hits on the PA&SMF site as of 31 Dec 10
- 20, 631 for CU 2011.
- 2,780 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during CY 2011.
(5) Board of Directors Election (Clark):
- The following individuals were elected for a three year term (1 Jan 11-31 Dec 15: Henry Baird, Mark Owen, Scott McLauthlin, Bentley Rayburn, Terry Sullivan, Bob Stovall, and Curt Taylor...
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update Cooper):
(1) Five truck loads of equipment taken to DMRO.
(2) Strategic Plan still being updated.
(3) Wing painted tow rooms and replaced carpeting in one room of the Broadmoor Hangar.
(4) Wing work detail moved relocated all items in both the Artifacts Storage, and Special Collections areas.
(5) Debris is falling floor the roof inside the City Hangar-awaiting contractors return to take corrective action.
(6) AFSPC’s IG Team will use the Broadmoor Hangar as a work area during the 21SW’s inspection late February-March 2011.
(7) Volunteer/Donor Appreciation:
- Scheduled for 28 March 2011.
3. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 1 April 2011, Broadmoor Conference Room.
JACK McKINNEY, CMSGT, USAF