ATTENDEES: G. W. Clark, M/G USAF (Ret); R. Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret); E. Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; G. Whalen, DAFC, Curator Pete Museum; Al Horne, USAF (Vet); E. Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret); D. Burns; SSgt USA (Vet); C. McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); J. McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); J. Brown, LTC USAF (Ret); Stampf, Col USAF (Ret); Lt Col J. Cawood, USAF (Ret); E. Smalley, SMS USAF (Ret); P. Brown, MSgt, USAF (Ret); J. Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret)
2. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 29 Jan 10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 28 Feb 10
- Cash Available: $23,728
- Income to date: $1.699
- Expenditures: $4,209
- Statements reviewed and approved after discussion about the negative cash flow.
(3) Board of Directors Appointment (Weaver)
- Henry D. Baird has been appointed to the Board through 31 Dec 10.
(4) Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 28 Feb 10.
- 1,187 Volunteer hours during CY 2010.
- 2,375 Visitors during CY 2010.
(5) Web Site (Smalley):
- 128,640 hits as of 26 Mar 10.
- Working on posting a number of items to the site.
(6) Out Reach Program (Stampf):
- Working group met with the Wing/PA
- Discussed the option to target groups for a subject manner.
- If anyone has any ideas please forward information to Frank STAMPF.
(7) Concert in the Park (Stampf):
band has confirmed the Blue Steel Group for a performance at 1200hrs 7 Aug 10
- Need to put together a working group.
(8) Restoration (Galbreath):
- Working on the F-4 Lightening and C-121 “Connie” models.
- Always can use help.
(9) Inventory (
- Two major areas still to complete-City Hangar and EC-121T.
- Nothing significant to report.
3. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen):
- Site preparation for the F-101B should be completed o/a end of April. Working on details to move the AC to the site. Need a plan and funding to restore the AC.
a number of uniforms from the
- Canadian CF-100 and CF-101B aircraft restoration dedication will be conducted 1000hrs 1 Apr 10. Expecting several hundred people. This will be a formal ceremony. Need volunteers for parking, chair set up and cake & punch table. If bad weather, the ceremony will be moved into the City Hangar.
- NMAF has approved the DRMO turn in on a number of artifacts. NASH will be working the transfer.
- Still working on M-12/M-21 Re Entry vehicle display.
- Thanks everyone for your continued support!
Newsletter Format: (
- Need inputs by the end of next week.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION:
A. Outreach PR (Whalen):
- Need volunteers for “VillaSport Athletic Club & Spa” Expro
- 1000-1300hrs 24 April 10
- Dick Burns will head up the effort.
- Need a couple of more volunteers.
Museum Feed Back (
- Time to offer members and volunteers the opportunity to provide comments (what are we doing good- what are we doing bad).
- Will work out the details.
5. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 30 April 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer