SUBJECT:† Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0800hrs 28 May 10
ATTENDEES:† Wes Clark, M/Gen USAF (Ret); Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Jeff Nash, DAFC,† Staff, Pete Museum;† Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); †Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); †Erv Smalley, SMS USAF (Ret); †Ron Solomon, Col, USAF (Ret); John Brown, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Dave Austin, CMSGT USAF (Ret); Norm Moyer, SMSGT USAF (Ret); Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret); Ernie Newman, CMSGT USAF (Ret)
OPENING REMARKS:† CLARK called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 30 Apr10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 30 Apr 10
- Cash Available:† $25,204
- Income to date:†† $5,839
- Expenditures:†††† †$6,869
(3) Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 30 Apr 10.
- 2,890 Volunteer hours during CY 2010.
- 5,261 Visitors during CY 2010.
(4) Web Site (Smalley):
- 132,726 hits as of 28 May 10.
- 2,119 pages.
- 3,632 files
(5) Concert in the Park (Weaver):
- 1200hrs 7 Aug 10 in the Air Park.
- Need to put together a working group in June.† Maybe able to include some type of ceremony for the upgraded Lt Peterson exhibit.
2. NEW† BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Nash):
- Still working on site preparation for the F-101B.† NORAD will fund restoration of the AC. Colors will be the 13 FIS. Working out problems with the contract (s).
- NASH still working the turn-in of numerous equipment items to DRMO.†
- AFSPC has offered to support the Museumís Oral History program.† Working out details.
- NASH will man an information booth at the Evergreen Cemetery on Memorial Day for about 5-6 hours
- If you havenít updated your ID Cards required by the DBIDS-please do!
3. OPEN DISCUSSION:
- John BROWN will take PA&SM brochures to the COS Visitorís Center.
- McKINNEY requested newsletter inputs to him by 25 Jun 2010.
- CLARK asked that we consider forming a working group to design a Space Operations Exhibit.† Need to discuss with WHALEN.
4. CLOSING REMARKS:
†† Next Meeting:
(1) 0900hrs, 25 June 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer