SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 29 Oct 2010
ATTENDEES: Wes Clark, M/Gen USAF (Ret), CEO & President, Ron Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret), Vice President, Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); Ron Solomon, Col, USAF (Ret); John Brown, Lt Col USAF John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMGT, USAF (Ret); M. Cooper, DAFC; John Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret), Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret), Jim Bowden, TSGT USAF (Vet), Paul Brown, MSGT USAF (Ret)
OPENING REMARKS: WEAVER called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 24 Sep 10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 30 Sep 10
- Cash Available: $30,446
- Income to date: $20,075
- Expenditures: $15,532
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 30 Sep 10
- 57 Accessions during CY 2010
- 6,673 Volunteer hours during CY 2010
- 15,619 Visitors during CY 2010
(4) Web Site (Smalley):
- 143,846 hits on the PA&SMF site as of 29 Oct 10
- 2,026 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site as of 29 Oct 10
(5) Restoration Work (Weaver)
- Work continues on Lt Peterson’s F-4 model, will not be ready for the 10 Dec ceremony.
- Rich Faulkner who has been assisting Terry on researching the F-4 has been made a volunteer.
- Jim Swalley has volunteered to help. THANKS JIM!
2. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update Cooper):
(1) Equipment Turn in-Nothing new to report.
(2) Old City Hangar roof replacement completed on time 15 Oct 10.
(3) Design work of the New Lt Peterson Exhibit almost complete.
· Dedication Ceremony will be 10 Dec 10. Details being worked.
(4) F-106 restoration complete except for decals
(5) F-40 restoration under way.
(6) HAWK restoration under way.
(7) F-101B will be moved 13 Nov 10, restoration begins 26 Nov 10
(8) IG inspection expected late December at Peterson, January at GSUs.
(9) Museum closed next week for base exercise.
(10) Black Gang will begin upgrade work in the terminal building Monday.
B. Board of Directors Election (Weaver):
(1) Annual election for new Board members will be December 2010.
(2) Anyone interested may submit nomination package NLT 1 December 10 to the Foundation Secretary.
C. OPEN DISCUSSION:
(1) Dick Burns reported Al Horne is doing well.
(2) Ron Solomon and Ron McClelland will be out for a number of weeks-medical.
(3) Discussion about Museum Tiles.
(4) Strategic Planning Session delayed until late Nov or early Dec 10.
(5) F-4 painting has been completed…may be viewed at 427 E Colorado Ave.
(6) Museum closed 11 Nov 10-Veternans Day.
(7) Members acknowledged Wes Clark’s as the 2010 recipient of the General James V. Hartinger Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Military Space Mission of the United States.
3. CLOSING REMARKS:
(1) 0900hrs, 3 Dec 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer