SUBJECT:† Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs 24 Sept 2010
ATTENDEES:† Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret) Secretary/Treasurer; Gail Whalen, DAFC, Museum Director; †Dick Burns, E-5 USA (Vet); †Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSGT USAF (Ret); †Ron Solomon, Col, USAF (Ret); John Brown, Lt Col USAF John Grier, MSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMGT, USAF (Ret); Ernie Newman, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Dave Austin, CMSgt USAF (Ret); M. Cooper, DAFC; Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret); and Ginger
OPENING REMARKS:† WEAVER called the meeting to order in the Conference Room.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 27 Aug 10 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Weaver):
- As of 31 Aug 10
- Cash Available:† $30,472
- Income to date:†† $17,761
- Expenditures:†††† †$13,496
(3) †Accessions, Volunteer Hours &Visitors Numbers (Weaver):
- As of 31 Aug 10
- 53 Accessions during CY 2010
- 6,162 Volunteer hours during CY 2010
- 14,701 Visitors during CY 2010
(4) Web Site (Smalley):
- 140,385 hits on the PA&SMF site as of 31 Aug 10
- 1.198 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site as of 31 Aug 10
*††† Cost of new Galaxy of Stars Web Site was $7.70
*††† 46 individuals honored on the site.
- Restoration Work (Galbreath)
- Terry Galbreath back after his surgery.
- Work continues on Lt Petersonís F-4 model.
- Still looking for help.
(5) Artifacts Storage (McKinney)
- Rearranged storage boxes to place like items together, i.e. uniforms, patches.
- Computer repaired.
(6) Newsletter (McKinney)
- Need inputs for the next newsletter soonest.
2. NEW† BUSINESS:
A. Curator Update (Whalen & Cooper):
- Equipment Turn in-Nothing new to report.
- Old City Hangar roof replacement under way.† ECD: 15 Oct 10.
- Design work of the New Lt Peterson Exhibit almost complete.
∑ Dedication Ceremony will be 10 Dec 10.† Details being worked.
- Annual Concert in the Park has been canceled in view of continued low attendance.
- 21SFS move from the Broadmoor Hangar has been delayed until
B. Board of Directors Election (Weaver):
- Annual election for new Board members will be December 2010.
- Anyone interested may submit nomination package NLT 1 December 10 to the Foundation Secretary.
C. Volunteer Appreciation Day (Weaver):
- Scheduled for 1330 hrs, 7 March 2011, in the City Hangar.
D. Commemorative Tiles Sales (Weaver):
- Sales have been suspended.
- All spaces by the Flag Pole/entrance to the terminal building are full.
- Long range plans are to provide more space for tiles at the rear of the terminal building after foundation repair work is completed.
E. OPEN DISCUSSION:
- Ron Solomon reported Al Horne doing well and may be released from the hospital next week.
3. CLOSING REMARKS:
†† Next Meeting:
(1) 0900hrs, 29 Oct 2010, Broadmoor Conference Room.
EDWARD W. WEAVER, CMSGT, USAF
Secretary & Treasurer