SUBJECT: Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs,
22 February 2013
ATTENDEES: Brown, John, Lt.Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Cawood, John, Lt. Col USAF (Ret); Cenci, Bob; Freyer, Gus, Col., USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Andrews, Martha; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Assít Director
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Henderson at 0915
1. OLD BUSINESS:
A. Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
- 25 January 13 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review (Long):
- As of 31 January 13 Reviewed and approved. (Attached)
- Cash Available: $51,022
- Income YTD: $6,359
- Expenditures YTD: $1,922
- Donations YTD: $5,943 (in Income); Donation Box Jan 13 $158 v Jan 12 $40
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
- 788 Volunteer hours during Jan 13
- 513 Visitors during Jan 13
(4) F-4 Restoration:
- Whalen amplified on items in Galbreathís Jan13 written report.
(5) Web Site (McClelland):
- 1,255 hits on the PASMF Home Site during Jan 13.
- 161 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during CY 2012.
(6) OPEN ITEMS:
Sequestration Effect on Museum Hours (Whalen):
- If sequestration goes into effect, Museum might have to close one or two days per week.
Strategic Planning Session (Whalen):
- Meeting was held on 20 Feb. Draft is in process.
Col. Bill Koch Donation (Whalen)
- Whalen talked to Koch about timing of plaque setting and ceremony and donation items.
Broadmoor Hangar Design (Whalen)
- Architectís early review not yet in hand, but Whalen showed drawings (on screen) of how interior might look from prior work.
Volunteer Annual Training (Whalen)
- Material will be on Web site. Docents will have to review and sign off.
2. NEW BUSINESS:
- Nash read excerpts from a letter from the Commander of Canadian Forces Support Unit at Peterson thanking the PASM staff for the tour and kind treatment of the British Columbia college hockey team that recently visited.
- John Brown is reducing the size of his home military library by bringing books to the docent office. Help yourself.
Meeting adjourned 1015 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
29 March 2013, 0900h, Museum Conference Room
James H Henderson