SUBJECT: Minutes of
31 May 2013
ATTENDEES: Moorhead, Wally, Lt. Gen. USAF (Ret); Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Brown, Paul, MSgt, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Gray, Ron, B .Gen. USAF (Ret); Grier, John, MSgt, USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Jensen, Sid, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Treasurer; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director;
Prior to formal start of meeting Whalen showed the Broadmoor Hangar Plan final draft. Estimated costs are in the range of $2.0 to 2.5 million.
REMARKS: Meeting called to order
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 26 April 13 Minutes reviewed and approved.
(2) Financial Review
- Financials at 30 April 13 reviewed and approved. (Attached)
- Cash balance 30 April 13: $45,850
- Income YTD: $13,507
- Expenditures YTD: $11,405
- Donations YTD: $10,604 (included in Income and contains $2,650 in-kind); Donation Box Apr 13, $264.
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
- 3643 Volunteer hours YTD 31 May 13 v. 4089 in 2012
- 4378(e)Visitors at Peterson YTD 31 May 13 v. 6540 in 2012
(4) Web Site (McClelland):
- 2,070 hits on the PASMF Home Site during May 13.
- 228 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during May 13.
(5) Open Items (Whalen):
- Paid staff sequester furlough update: From 8 July through 30 Sept the furlough day is Monday each week. Museum will be open Tuesday thru Saturday. No military ceremonies on weekends. Normal working hours at the museum are 0730 to 1630. However, Saturday hours are 0830 to 1730.
- EC-121T painting of black surfaces is to start 10 June 13.
- STEM Fair participation- We are trying to get the August fair on Museum grounds this year. We also support summer camps in July (on Saturdays).
- Recruiting of volunteers- plan to blanket local media outlets and military organizations with publicity and requirements for a prospective docent mixer by end of July.
- The sense of the members concerning buying advertising in the AFA magazine for parents was negative.
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
- The Canadian AF Chief of Staff is working to get a CF-18 for the Peterson airpark. Estimated timing is 2014.
- Landscaping work on the base will be minimal this summer.
- The National AF Museum system has approved our obtaining landing gear from Canon AFB for the F-101.
Meeting adjourned 1040 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
28 June 2013, 0903h, Museum Conference Room
James H Henderson