SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0902hrs,
25 October 2013
ATTENDEES: Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Cawood, John, Lt. Col USAF (Ret); Grier, John, MSgt, USAF (Ret); Harris, Jim, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Treasurer; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Ass’t Director
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
1. Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
- 30 August 13 Meeting Minutes reviewed. There was no Sept. meeting.
2. Financial Review (Long):
- Financials at 30 Sept 13 reviewed.
- Cash balance 30 Sept 13: $42,988
- Income YTD: $24,980
- Expenditures YTD: $26,165
- Donation Box YTD 30 Sept $2,456
3. Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
- 6414 Volunteer hours YTD 30 Sept 13 v. 7850 in 2012
- 15252 Visitors at Peterson YTD 30 Sept 13 v. 17532 in 2012
4. Web Site (McClelland):
- 1614 hits on the PASMF Home Site during Sept 13.
- 282 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during Sept 13.
5. Open Items (Whalen):
- PASM received $18,000 in EOY funding from 21SW for re-painting the F-94. If more become available, we’ll touch up the Canadian planes and the T-33.
- Currently waiting on the Sec., USAF to complete the paper work to receive the CF-18. Expect to get the plane in early 2014.
- The swollen door to the Terminal building has been temporarily fixed and a new door has been requested. The fire alarm panels in all buildings have been fixed.
- The American Air Defense exhibit in the City Hangar will be updated.
- The volunteer recruitment effort has been moved to December 7 due to the recent government shut down.
tours were cancelled during the government shut down and will need to be
re-scheduled. Shut down may happen
again Jan 17 to Feb 17. Might be a
good time for Black Gang work in City Hangar.
- 2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
- There are six new docents coming to work at the Museum. See, for example, Jim Harris (above).
Meeting adjourned 1010 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
22 Nov 2013, 0901 hrs. Museum Conference Room
James H Henderson