SUBJECT: Minutes of
30 August 2013
ATTENDEES: Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Cawood, John, Lt. Col USAF (Ret); Grier, John, MSgt, USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Horne, Al, USAF (Vet); Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Treasurer; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Assít Director
The meeting was preceded by a presentation by Jessica Arrot, Special Agent, Office of Special Investigations, USAF, on the OSI mission to stop the loss of intelligence information.
REMARKS: Meeting called to order
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
(1) Minutes Approval:
- 28 June 13 Meeting Minutes reviewed. There was no July meeting.
(2) Financial Review (Long):
- Financials at 31 July 13 reviewed.
- Cash balance 31 July 13: $50,940
- Income YTD: $13,286
- Expenditures YTD: $12,143
- Donation Box YTD 31 July $1864 v $1022 in 2012
(3) Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Whalen):
- 5179 Volunteer hours YTD 31 July 13 v. 5965 in 2012
- 9083 Visitors at Peterson YTD 31 July 13 v. 12072 in 2012
(4) Web Site (McClelland):
- 2365 hits on the PASMF Home Site during Aug 13.
- 239 hits on the Galaxy of Stars site during Aug 13.
(5) Open Items (Whalen):
- Col. Shaw, 21SW Commander, visited the museum on 27 August. He expressed his desire and support to get the Broadmoor Hangar project done before he leaves in 22 months.
- The STEM Fair was a great success with approximately 2,000 attendees and 143 volunteers. Several PASMF Board members attended and had positive comments.
There will be a
Volunteer Information Fair at the
- There will be a PASM Volunteer Recruitment Event at the City Hangar in October. PASM will staff. Publicity through local radio, TV, Volunteer groups, etc.
- EC-121 painting is complete, but some bubbles in the black paint will be addressed by the contractor (under warranty)
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
- There is no notice of end-of-year funding from the Air Force.
Meeting adjourned 1030 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
27 Sept 2013, 0901 hrs., Museum Conference Room
James H Henderson