Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs, 27 July 2015
SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0900hrs, 27 July 2015
ATTENDEES: Blanshine, Janet; Brown, John; Grier, John; Harris, Jim; Henderson, Jim; Howells, Glynn; McClelland, Ron; Miller, Mike; Moyer, Pfennig, Tonya; Silber, Carl; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Deputy Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
John Brown, on behalf of the Tuesday docent crew, presented a retirement flag, flown at the museum flag pole on 30 June to Jim Harris, SMSgt (Ret.), USAF.
1. OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
a. Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 29 June 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
b. Financial Review (No report)
c. Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers Through June 2015(Henderson):
– Volunteer Hours: 4,305 v 4,965 Jun 14
– Visitors: NA
d. Web Site, FB through April 15 (Data from McClelland& Nash):
– Website Hits: 17,010 v 15,542 Jun 14. Working on simplification of visitor pass application.
– Facebook views: 23,361 v 11,702 Jun 14
2. NEW BUSINESS
– Curator Update (Whalen)
– FPCON Bravo is still in effect. Term indefinite. On 13 July, the restriction on civilian visitors was lifted.
– Will soon have evaluations for visitors to fill out.
– The CF-18 is still scheduled for October, 2015.
– STEM Fair is 29 August. Set up on 28 Aug. No visitors those days except workers/ participants.
– Be alert for and please report any water damage to the property due to recent heavy rains.
– The graphics for displays in the City Hangar will go up soon.
– Situational awareness when on docent duty was stressed. The only warning of danger is now a steady siren.
– Use 3 pt. coverage (zone defense) when things get busy.
– Be aware of visitors who just show up in the park without going through the terminal building (in attempt to get accurate visitor counts).
– We will be making videos of docents talking about various aspects of the museum tours.
– Meeting adjourned 1030 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 28 Sept. at 0900. No meeting in August.
Respectfully submitted, Jim Henderson, Secretary
Peterson Air & Space Museum
150 E. Ent Avenue
Peterson AFB, CO 80914-1303