Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs, 1 June 2015
SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs, 1 June 2015
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave; Burns, Dick; Grier, John; Harris, Jim; Henderson, Jim; Howells, Glynn; Joiner, Jere; Miller, Mike; Mogel, Jake; Moyer, Norm; Pfennig, Tonya; Silber, Carl; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
– Management Review;
a. Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
– 30 March 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
b. Financial Review ( Henderson for Long)
Summary of Financials at 30 April 2015: Cash on hand $58,739; April 2015 YTD Income $6,420; April 2015 YTD Expenses $13,210; Net Cash Flow $-6,790.
c. Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers Through April 2015(Henderson):
– Volunteer Hours: 2,877 v 3,314 Apr 14
– Visitors: 4,367 v 6,707 Apr 14
d. Web Site, FB through April 15 (Data from McClelland & Nash):
– Website Hits: 9,181 v 8,908 Apr 14
– Facebook views: 13,836 v 7,143 Apr 14
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
– Northcom increased security condition worldwide a month ago. FPCON Bravo is indefinite. Staff is working to obtain some relaxation for the Museum so that the general public could return to visits.
– The promotion ceremony for Brigadier General (designate) John Shaw will be in the Airpark on June 5. PASM volunteers are needed. Contact Gail Whalen.
– The “3-pont” coverage for large visitor volumes was reviewed. (Terminal, EC-121, City Hangar). Necessitated by limited number of docents.
– The meeting adjourned to the City Hangar for a review of procedures and exhibits.
-Bruce Long has asked that gift shop customers receive the sales receipt from the cash register, plus the customer copy of the credit card receipt (if a cc sale).
Meeting adjourned 1130 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 29 June at 0900.
Respectfully submitted, Jim Henderson, Secretary
Peterson Air & Space Museum
150 E. Ent Avenue
Peterson AFB, CO 80914-1303
PETERSON AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM FOUNDATION LIFE MEMBERS
$5,000 – EAGLE ROUNDTABLE
MAJOR GENERAL (RET) WESLEY AND JENNY CLARK
MAJOR GENERAL (RET) RALPH AND SANDRA SPRAKER
CMSGT (RET) JACK AND LIL MCKINNEY
CMSGT (RET) EDWARD AND KARLA WEAVER
NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION
PRATT WHITNEY UNITED TECHNOLOGIES
THE ASSOCIATION OF AIR FORCE MISSILERS
$1,000 – $4,999 – EAGLE WINGS
CMSGT (RET) DAVE AHD MARIANNA AUSTIN
MR. PAUL BROWN
MR. WILLIAM CHICK
MR. JAMES HENDERSON
COLONEL (RET) DON AND ANN KIDD
MR. ALAN KLEVENO
COLONEL (RET) WILLIAM C.KOCH, JR
MAJOR GENERAL (RET) TIMOTHY MCMAHON
MR. BILL AND MARTHA SMITH
MR. REO AND MARTHA TRAIL
CMSGT (RET) CHUCK AND URSULA ZIMKAS