PETERSON AIR & SPACE MUSEUMFOUNDATION VOLUNTEER STAFF MEETING, 0900, Monday 25 Jun 2018, Broadmoor Hangar Meeting room
0900 CALL TO ORDER – Called to order at 0900.
Attendees: Gail Whalen(DAFC), Jeff Nash (Deputy DAFC), Dick Burns, John Brown, Jim Henderson, Glyn Howells, Phyllis Howells, Bruce Long, Ron McClelland, Norm Moyer, Mike Miller, Errol Reiner, Dave Austin, Jake Mogel
1. 30 April minutes not available, 28 May no staff meeting
2. Treasurer Long discussed 31 May financials. YTD income ($7,804). May income ($2,123), expenses $4,284, Cost of Goods sold $777, gross profit $2,460, Cash $86,723, Operations $46,629, BH renovation account $40,095.
3. This is Bruce Long’s final year as Treasurer. Need replacement. He will stay on to train. Search continues for his replacement.
4. 2018 Volunteer hours. Museum continues to have a 4.8 out of 5.0 Trip Advisor Visitor rating.
5. Curator update
a. 21st Space Wing Commander and his CE folks did another walk through. He is attempting to identify end of year funds to support needed upgrades. Sprinkler and fire protection system at the top of the list.
b. Task. New Ethics training for Docents to be scheduled. It will be on the web site. Let Gail know when you have completed training.
c. Museum will be closed on Saturdays until we can find additional Docents.
d. TASK. Obtain and review the new Museum video script
e. TASK. Schedule repair and paint of the EC-121 doors and hatches. Repair and paint the access stairs at the same time. Funded. (Whalen, Long)
f. TASK. Hire a re-model company to fix/remove/repair walls in hanger. Funded. (Whalen/Long). Level height of walls in Cheyenne Mountain exhibit area. Starting over to find contractor.
g. Aircraft repair and painting approved and funded by AFSPC. F-104, EB-57.
h. Back door to terminal will be installed very soon. Funded.
i. Projects for Vietnam section are nearly ready, one panel left to do. Mural across front of entryway.
j. TASK. Need one more paint party to put another coat of paint in the conference room. Gail to send out request email.
k. CE has completed their exterior work.
l. First Space Foundation (SF) tour to the museum went well. Anticipate another one soon as well as Docent tour of SF.
1. Kay Pennay is attempting to schedule a Cheyenne Mountain tour for Docents and one guest. Looking at Sep.
2. Discussed having DOCENTS send out copies of the Museum newsletter to friends, etc. once it has been approved/published.
3. TASK. Once published, need Docents to hand out Museum newsletters.
4. Possible tour of Wings of the Rockies.
5. Discussed possibility of having a mid-summer potluck.
6. TASK. Gail to provide email to set up time for Docents to show up for group picture.