PETERSON AIR & SPACE MUSEUM FOUNDATION VOLUNTEER STAFF MEETING, 0900, Monday, 26 February 2018

PETERSON AIR & SPACE MUSEUM  FOUNDATION  VOLUNTEER STAFF MEETING
0900 Monday 26 February 2018
Broadmoor Hangar Meeting room
0900 CALL TO ORDER – Called to order at 0903.
Attendees: Gail Whalen(DAFC), Jeff Nash (Deputy DAFC), Dick Burns, Jim Henderson, Glyn Howells, Phyllis Howells, Bruce Long, Ron McClelland, Errol Reiner, Ron Solomon, Alex Fightmaster, Mike Miller

OLD BUSINESS
Management Review
1.   29 January minutes approved 

2.   Treasurer Long discussed financials as of Jan 31, 2018. YTD income $716. Jan income $716, expenses $1,983, Cost of Goods sold $224, Net ($1511), Cash $92,486, Operations $53,662, BH renovation account $38,497, includes $10,000 from Air Show Committee donation.

3.   This is Bruce Long’s final year as Treasurer. Need replacement. He will stay on to train. Bruce is coordinating a meeting with the potential new Treasurer.

4.   2018 Volunteer hours. Down from 2017 due to winter hours and Museum being closed for 31 days during 2017. Two visitor reviews from January 18, both reviews were 5 stars. Museum has a 4.8 out of 5.0 rating overall by visitors.

5.   Website: Our web traffic continues to be down. In order to increase it, Ron is going to initiate a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) effort to make our web site more attractive and to provide more information for the web traffic. PAFB led the referrals with 50%.
MONTH VOLUNTEER
HOURS
VISITORS WEB SITE
HITS
FACEBOOK
REACHES
Jan 2018 612 697 1,891 10,072
Jan 2017 735 962 2,095 11,864
-123 -265 -204 -1792

6. Curator update
     a.    Chuck and Gail met with the 21st Space Wing Commander and did an initial walk through the of Museum. Col Moore wants to have another visit and bring along his CE folks to see what they can do to upgrade/update the Museum. Additional funding would be required from the 21st Space Wing.
    b.   The first funding request has been submitted.
    c.   While our funding request to repair and paint five more hail damaged aircraft has been approved, the dispersion of funds has not happened yet.
    d.   Working on improving the landscaping by moving trees/plants and doing some trimming. Offered to donate some trees to the Family Camp.
    e.   Need “all hands” support for the NORAD 60th anniversary event on Saturday 12 May. Scheduled time to be confirmed.
    f.   Winter hours remain in effect until March 30th. However, we may need to change some days depending on school spring breaks.
    g.   Discussed “trip advisor” input from visitors.

NEW BUSINESS:
1.   TASK. Obtain approval from the BOD to use Operations funds to fix the EC-121 doors and hatches. Repair and paint the access stairs at the same time. (Whalen, Long)
2.   TASK. Schedule Museum walk through with Col Moore and CE (Whalen).
3.   TASK. Obtain approval to hire a re-model company to fixed/removed/repaired (Whalen/Long).
4.   Saturday scheduling issues discussed. TASK. Glyn to provide draft email for consideration. Already provided with calendar for DOCENT signup.
5.   TASK. Due to current environment, all DOCENTS need to review Force Protection plans, memorize building numbers and street locations, Security Police # is 556-4000 (DOCENTS).
6.   Museum video is being updated. 21st SW Public Affairs is doing several segments/interviews on the Museum, be prepared to be interviewed.
7.   Discussed setting up a Space Foundation tour of their facility.
8.   Discussed getting a picture taken with the “Flag of Excellence” surrounded by DOCENTS.
9.   Discussed having DOCENTS send out copies of the Museum newsletter to friends, etc. once it has been approved/published.
10.  Museum time sheet needs to be changed to include email addresses and whether the signee would like to see the newsletter.

Meeting Adjourned at 10:30