SUBJECT: Minutes of
26 January 2015
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave, CMSgt, USAF (Ret) ; Blanshine, Janet; Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Fox, Jimmie, Capt., USAF (Ret) ; Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret); Harris, Jim, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Howells, Glynn; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Mogel, Jake; Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Pfennig, Tonya, USA (Vet); Silber, Carl; Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet);Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Deputy Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
Minutes Approval: (
- 27 October 14 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
Financial Review (
Summary of Financials at 31 December 2014: Cash on hand $61,398; 2014 Income $35,246; 2014 Expenses $22,316; Net Cash Flow $12,930 (of which $10,000 was Regional Airshow proceeds for PASMF).
c. Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Henderson):
- Volunteer Hours: 9,206 YE14 v 7,908 YE13 (16.4% incr)
- Visitors: 23,555 YE 14 v 19,179 YE 13 (22.8% incr).
d. Web Site, FB (Henderson & McClelland):
- Website Hits (& GOS): 29,725 YE 14 v 21,616 YE 13(37.5% incr)
- Facebook views: 22,308 YE 14
- Security for the website was discussed. Need to get with Bruce Long to implement.
e. Open Items:
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
- Three new volunteers present were introduced: Jake Mogel, Glynn Howells and Janet Blanshine
Whalen conducted a tour of the exhibits in the City Hangar, touching on the new displays and emphasizing points to be conveyed to visitors. Volunteers with experience in specific areas contributed to the knowledge base.
Meeting adjourned 1100 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
23 February 2015, 0900 hrs in the Broadmoor Hangar meeting room.
Respectfully, Jim Henderson, Secretary