SUBJECT: Minutes of
1 June 2015
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave; Burns, Dick; Grier, John; Harris, Jim; Henderson, Jim; Howells, Glynn; Joiner, Jere; Miller, Mike; Mogel, Jake; Moyer, Norm; Pfennig, Tonya; Silber, Carl; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
Minutes Approval: (
- 30 March 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
Financial Review (
Summary of Financials at 30 April 2015: Cash on hand $58,739; April 2015 YTD Income $6,420; April 2015 YTD Expenses $13,210; Net Cash Flow $-6,790.
c. Volunteer Hours
& Visitors Numbers Through April 2015 (
- Volunteer Hours: 2,877 v 3,314 Apr 14
- Visitors: 4,367 v 6,707 Apr 14
d. Web Site, FB through April 15 (Data from McClelland & Nash):
- Website Hits: 9,181 v 8,908 Apr 14
- Facebook views: 13,836 v 7,143 Apr 14
2. NEW BUSINESS
Curator Update (Whalen)
- Northcom increased security condition worldwide a month ago. FPCON Bravo is indefinite. Staff is working to obtain some relaxation for the Museum so that the general public could return to visits.
- The promotion ceremony for Brigadier General (designate) John Shaw will be in the Airpark on June 5. PASM volunteers are needed. Contact Gail Whalen.
- The “3-pont” coverage for large visitor volumes was reviewed. (Terminal, EC-121, City Hangar). Necessitated by limited number of docents.
- The meeting adjourned to the City Hangar for a review of procedures and exhibits.
-Bruce Long has asked that gift shop customers receive the sales receipt from the cash register, plus the customer copy of the credit card receipt (if a cc sale).
Meeting adjourned 1130 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 29 June at 0900.
Respectfully submitted, Jim Henderson, Secretary