SUBJECT:† Minutes of
26 Oct 2015
ATTENDEES:† Austin, Dave; Blanshine, Janet; Burns, Dick; Harris, Jim; Henderson, Jim; Howells, Glynn; †Howells, Phyllis;† Long, Bruce; McClelland, Miller, Mike; Moyer, Pfennig, Tonya; Silber, Carl; Whalen, Gail, DAFC, Director; Nash, Jeff, DAFC, Deputy Director.
OPENING REMARKS:† Meeting called to order by Jim Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
Minutes Approval: (
- †††††27 July 2015 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
Financial Review (Long)
- Financial report for 30 Sept 15 briefly reviewed.† Cash balance $50,006 v. $49,148 at 30 Sept 14.
††††Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers Through
- Volunteer Hours: 7,122 v 7,343 Sept. 14
- Visitors: 16,284 v 20,497 Sept 14
.† Web Site, FB through April 15 (Data from McClelland& Nash):
- Website Hits: 29,464 v 25,002 Sept 14.†
- Facebook views: 52,656 v 16,448 Sept 14
††††††† Deputy Directorís Update (Nash)
- Discussion of situation awareness on campus for terrorism and, especially, an active shooter situation.† Make your own mental plans to RUN, HIDEbut not in SIP locations), FIGHT
† Curator/Directorís Update (Whalen)
- The temporary Driverís License crisis caused by Homeland Security has gone away.† The visitation process is now back to normal.
- The CF-18 is being held up by U. S. Customs.† Hoping for November delivery.
- There will be a class for new docent recruits on Sat., 31 Oct and for two more successive Saturdays (after USAF v USMA football Saturday).† Being advertised in the newspapers.
- The Museum Volunteer Manpower Document, outlining needs by duty title, was presented and discussed.† Planning horizon is three years
2. NEW BUSINESS
- Janet Blanshine, Assistant Treasurer and Gift Shop Manager, discussed the changes in the Gift Shop display cases and the new merchandise ordering methods.
- ††††††††††††††††††††††††† Phyllis Howells was introduced as a new gift shop clerk.
Meeting adjourned 1045 hrs.
3. †NEXT MEETING:
††††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† The next Staff meeting is scheduled for 23 Nov. at 0900.†
Respectfully submitted, Jim Henderson, Secretary