SUBJECT: Minutes of Peterson Air & Space Museum Foundation Staff Meeting, 0901hrs,
25 August 2014
ATTENDEES: Austin, Dave, CMSgt, USAF (Ret) ; Brown, John, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Burns, Dick, USA (Vet); Fox, Jimmie, Capt., USAF (Ret); Grier, John, MSgt USAF (Ret); Harris, Jim, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Henderson, Jim, Secretary; Long, Bruce, SMSgt, USAF (Ret), Treasurer; McClelland, Ron, Maj., USAF (Ret); Miller, Mike, Lt. Col, USAF (Ret); Moyer, Norm, SMSgt, USAF (Ret); Pfennig, Tonya, USA (Vet); Silber, Carl; Solomon, Ron, USAF (Vet); Whalen, Gail, DAFC.
OPENING REMARKS: Meeting called to order by Henderson
1. OLD BUSINESS:
- Management Review;
a. Minutes Approval: (Henderson)
- 28 July 14 Meeting Minutes reviewed.
b. Financial Review (Long):
- Financials at 31 July 14 reviewed.
· Cash on hand $44,931; YTD Jul 31 Operating Income $14,256, YTD Jul 31 Operating Expense $17,061.
· Gift Shop items sale proceeds at Regional Airshow were $1,982, net of sales tax.
c. Accessions, Volunteer Hours & Visitors Numbers (Henderson):
- Volunteer Hours: 5,811 YTD Jul 14 v 5,232 YTD Jul 13
- Visitors: 14,056 YTD Jul 14 v 9,083 YTD Jul 13
- d. Web Site (McClelland):
- Website Hits (& GOS): 21,479 YTD Aug 14 v 15,358 YTD Aug 13
- Facebook views: 15,185 YTD Aug 14
- Note: The ADC Galaxy of Stars is no longer isolated on the website. So historical GOS numbers have been incorporated into the website hits number.
d. Open Items:
2. NEW BUSINESS
· Airshow Hotwash:
Lively discussion of the very successful Pikes Peak Regional Airshow. Next time, we need a bigger booth (20’ x 20’ instead of 10’ x 20’). Estimates of the financial results are not yet available, but expectations are for low proceeds for PASM.
· The STEM Fair was also a success. Estimated attendance was 3,200 v. and estimated 2,000 last year. The Challenger Center’s volunteer staff worked hard. Several PASM docents were on hand to safeguard museum exhibits and do tours for visitors.
· There are several projects in mind for the City Hangar in the fall.
· PASM will have personnel available for the Right Start base orientation program for new assignees to the PAFB. A good way to spread the word about the museum.
· NOTE: The museum will be closed on Friday, September 5, 2014
Credit Card Terminal Training
Bruce Long conducted an orientation/training session on the new credit card terminal in the Gift Shop. The manual was previously sent to all docents.
Meeting adjourned 1045 hrs.
3. NEXT MEETING:
29 September 14, 0900 hrs in the museum meeting room.
James H Henderson