ATTENDEES: Ron Gray, B/Gen USAF (Ret) Vice President; Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret); Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Norm Moyer, SMGgt USAF (Ret); Mike McCorkle, Maj USAFR (Ret); Desi Desormeaux, Lt Col USAF (Ret), John Grier, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret); Danny O’Connell, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Tony Roman, MSgt USAF (Ret), Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Frank Wisneski, Col USAF (Ret); Ann Foster, Capt. USAF (Ret), John Cawood, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret) Gus Freyer, Col, USAF; Parks S. Deming, Member Board of Directors, Gary Bell (New Volunteer)
Ron GRAY called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 Dec 05 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $20,107
CY 05 Income: $51,100
- Two major donations received (3K from Air Force Association of Missileers and 1K from Northrop Grumman) during December 2005.
2. ARTIFACTS & VOL COORDINATOR:
Total (CY04) Total (CY05)
Total Volunteers on Rolls 76 66
Accessions 1,356 229
- Inventory has been signed by the Wing/CC and forwarded to the NMUSAF.
- Inventory (how to use) explained in detail to the group.
3. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
MEDAL OF HONOR GROVE:
- ECD is now 15 Apr 06. Docents are requested to keep visitors out of the construction area.
HAWK MISSILES AND LAUNCHER:
- Contractor has completed work on the fins and nose damage.
- No change.
- Contractor has scheduled a May start (weather permitting) date for work on the domes and tip tanks. ECD is mid June 2006.
- Forms next to the walkways (
WEST GATE F-101B;
- Aircraft expected to be taken down
- Working out details to obtain and
move (Dec 06) a Peacekeeper Missile (PK) procedures trainer from Vandenberg
AFB. ICBM exhibit will be located in the
Broadmoor Hangar. Also
working to obtain a PK re-entry vehicle shroud from
MUSEUM STRATEGIC PLAN:
- Working Group worked out a draft plan on 7 Jan 06. Plan being completed.
- Gear doors have been obtained from
- Working on the detail for an enhanced training program. KUDOS to FREYER and PALMER for their work. Four new docents are in training.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING PROGRAM:
- Required Training (safety, emergency procedures, fire, etc.) will be scheduled for Feb 06.
- Working with the 21st Contracting Squadron Facilities Manager to request repairs to a number of items identified during walk thru (WHALEN).
- Almost 50,000 hits to date.
-KUDOS to Erv SMALLEY- “we get many donations as a result of the site (WHALEN).
- WHALEN expressed her thanks for all the work and support of the volunteers during the year. Much has been accomplished!
B. NEW BUSINESS:
1. VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DAY:
- Date 1400hrs 7 Feb 06 in the City Hangar.
- Spouses are encouraged to attend.
- Food, coffee, soft drinks will be provided.
- Dress is very casual.
- Volunteer of the year, Chairman, President and Director Awards will be presented.
2. DSP SATELLITE:
- May have obtained a vehicle (model) from Northrop Grumman.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs,
EDWARD W. WEAVER