ATTENDEES: Mike Drennan, B/G USAF (Ret) President, Ron Gray, B/G USAF (Ret), Vice President, Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Ann Foster, Capt. USAF (Ret), Lt Col John Cawood, USAF (Ret), Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Ernie Newman, CMSgt, USAF (Ret), Larry Flynn, Col, USAF (Ret), Terry Galbreath, Major, USAF (Ret), Dick Burns, Ed Mica, Frank Stampf, Col USAF (Ret)
Mike DRENNAN called the meeting to order at 0900 hours in the Old City Hangar.
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 31 Oct 06 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $22,217
CY 06 Income: $30,607
2. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
- No change.
- Contractor has completed radomes, tip tanks and installed window curtains in the interior of the aircraft.
-Crew (Mannequins) placed on the board.
- Contractor has completed painting the aircraft.
- Staff Meeting with 21 CES personnel next week to discuss plans for the interior of the building.
- Contractor is scheduled to start work 7 Dec 06 on the footer.
- All tiles (on order) completed by Wilhelm.
- Peacekeeper Missile Trainer has arrived.
- Working on a plan for the exhibit.
- AF Museum confirmed our request for an F-16.
DOCENTS FOR KIDS:
- Need volunteers for children’s tours.
- Special training will be conducted in January/February 07.
WEST GATE F-101B:
- Construction is under way, ECD: Dec 07.
- World Wide Recovery is scheduled to take down the AC on 21 Dec 06.
- AC will be stored on the flight line, restoration by contractor.
PAVE PAWS TRAINER:
- Awaiting AF Funds to be allocated to pay for transportation costs.
- Need to review what items are to be shipped.
- NEWMAN for updating the Orientation DVD.
- NEWMAN, CAWOOD, SMALLEY, for hosting Ralph Peterson (Web master for “Connie Survivors”).
3. ARTIFACTS & ACCESSIONS (McKinney):
- Sixty-One accessions since 1 July 06.
- Reviewing all accession file folders for errors.
- Working on December addition.
- Need inputs now.
5. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (FOSTER):
Nov 06 CY2006
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 55
FOSTER will complete number for this year
K WEAVER will assume duties 1 January 2007.
6. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
- Had to tie down the F-94 and F-102 (High winds moved the ACs).
- KUDOS 302 AW, for all their help.
- HAWK Missile Fins completed.
- Armour Plate will be installed on the cockpit floor shortly.
7. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING (GRAY):
- M/G (Ret) G.W. CLARK, M/G (Ret) T. McMahon, Col G. Griffith nominated for additional three year term.
- Tom ALLEE, National Director Community Affairs Frontier Airlines, nominated to replace Director Joan SELL (did not ask for term extension) for a three-year term.
- B/G (Ret) B. Stein nominated for a three-year term.
- B/G (Ret) R. Anarde nominated to replace Director J. RIX (Resigned for personal reasons).
- J. SELL will continue to manage the Museum’s Commemorative Tile Program.
- All Museum Foundation members will vote during December 2006 to confirm these nominations.
- A marketing/membership working committee was established.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- Volunteer Appreciation Day will be 1300hrs, 12 February 2007.
- Strategic Planning Session is scheduled for January 2007.
- GRAY indicated the need for a volunteer to handle Foundation membership activities.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs, 26 January 2007 in the Old City Hangar.
EDWARD W. WEAVER