ATTENDEES: Mike Drennan, B/G USAF (Ret), President, Ron Gray, B/G USAF (Ret), Vice President, Gail Whalen, Museum Director; Ed Weaver, CMSgt USAF (Ret); Jerry Kovach, Lt Col USAF (Ret); Lt Col John Cawood, USAF (Ret), Jack McKinney, CMSgt USAF (Ret), Ernie Newman, CMSgt, USAF (Ret), Dick Burns, Charlie McCarthy, Col, USAF (Ret), Ed Kelley, SMSGT, USAF (Ret), Norm Moyer, MSgt, USAF (Ret),, Erv Smalley, SMSgt USAF (Ret), Dan O’Connell, CMSGT USAF (Ret), Jimmy Bowden, USAF Vet, Anne Foster, Capt USAF (Ret)
Mike DRENNAN called the meeting to order at 0900
hours in the
SPECIAL INTEREST ITEM:
A. OLD BUSINESS:
1. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Financial status as of 28 Feb 07 was presented to and accepted by the staff. Statement is attached. (WEAVER-INFO)
Cash Available: $21,656.48
CY 07 Income: $1,454
2. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE (WHALEN):
- No change.
- Turn over has been delayed pending review by the 21SW/CC.
- Starting remaining installment
AIR PARK WORK:
- Drainage work delayed by weather.
- No change.
- Working with the 302AW to arrange for airlift support.
WEST GATE F-101B:
- Construction is under way, ECD: Oct 08.
New display area for the Aircraft will be next to West Gate Visitors’
- Working on design of the base. Gail will provide photos of proposal next month.
PAVE PAWS TRAINER:
- No change.
- Working on the design for two special exhibits for CY 2007.
--B-24 Training at WWII Pete Field and the 6th Photo Recon Sqdn (to include “Photo Pup”) also at Pete.
ADOPT AN AIRPLANE PROGRAM:
- Good response to the program.
- Only a few aircraft remain to be adopted.
- Three individuals will be assigned to the Museum working 3 or 4 days a week during the summer months.
BASE VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DAY:
- Scheduled for 18 Apr 07. Please let Gail or Jeff know if you would like to attend NLT 13 April.
- More details to follow.
PHOTO RECON SQDN
- WWII unit
assigned to Pete Fld will have their reunion
- Will visit Museum, Oral Histories will be accomplished.
DATES OF INTEREST:
- 21ST SW Change of Command in June 07
base visit will include stop at the Museum week of
MOH GROVE AWARD:
- Received the Air Force level design award for CY 2006.
MUSEUM VOLUNTEER APPRECIATION DAY:
- Over 60 people in attendance. Well received.
- Positive feedback. Nice to recognize base activities that support the Museum.
- To all the volunteers for their time and efforts during CY 2006.
- THANK YOU!!!
- To Marty Isham for his many hours of research for the Aircraft Posters in the Air Defense Exhibit.
3. ARTIFACTS, ACCESSIONS & NEWLETTER (
- 40 items to date for CY 2007.
- April Newsletter ready for release.
- Will ask for suggestions to name the newsletter.
4. VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (WEAVER):
- Visitors 556
- Total Volunteers on Rolls 59
5. RAMP RATS (KOVACH):
- Stick has been manufactured and installed-looking good!
--Thanks to the assistance of John Cawood and Pacific Aircraft Restoration
- Will start to work on the F-102 gear doors.
6. WEBSITE (SMALLEY):
- Photos from the Museum’s Volunteer Appreciation Day (12 Feb 07) posted.
7. DOCENTS (O’CONNELL):
- New hours seem to be working out OK.
8. BLACK GANG:
- Working on three display stands for the AIM4, AIM9 missiles and 2.75 rocket.
B. NEW BUSINESS:
- John Cawood is building a 1/10 scale model of the Eagle Rock Bullet Aircraft.
C. NEXT MEETING: 0900hrs,
EDWARD W. WEAVER